Emma is doing great. She is working on her 5th and 6th teeth at the moment, so she soon won't look like a vampire! The other day, we were at a mall and were sitting on a bench. There was a little boy sitting on the other side, and he was playing Peekaboo with Emma by bobbing up and down. So Emma started to copy him, and now anytime we say Peekaboo, she will go to the coffee table and do squats and grin every time she pops up. So now my child can play peekaboo! I cannot believe how much she understands already! When she is done eating, I ask "All done? Do you want to come see mommy?" and hold my hands out. If she is in fact done, she will get really excited and sit straight forward waiting for me to pick her up. When it's nap time, I ask her if she wants to nap and hand her her bear friend. If she's tired, she will rub her eyes on bear friend and lean toward the crib. It's so cute! And she even crawls to me or my mom if she needs a diaper change! I have just been really happy to see all of these things start to happen. She even has a noise for me that is sort of a "Nananana" that she does when she wants me and I am not right next to her. My little girl is getting old (relatively speaking, anyway)! Also, yesterday she was entertained completely by little bits of smoked turkey. Before yesterday, she would look at finger food with disdain because to put it in her mouth was CLEARLY my job, but this held her attention for a long while. She only stopped because we stopped giving it to her, but she was quite good at it. And lastly, my dad gave her some chocolate ice cream the other day, and though she was miss cranky, she immediately perked up and when my dad went to throw the carton away, she crawled after him. It was hilarious! And so it begins...
Brian is doing great, and loving his new job, like I said. It will be a really good thing for both him and Andy as their personalities are so different. This is a wonderful way to get his foot in the door to law! He has two more weeks left of classes and then exam time arrives, but after that we never have a semester as bad as this one has been. He has typically been gone 4 to 5 nights a week, but from now on he won't have to be down there anymore than 4, and that will be rare! So maybe things will be a little less crazy now!
I am doing just fine as well. I planted a tree this past week that I am HOPING won't die because of our freezing cold temperatures. I am also working on planting some flowers in the front yard, and just generally hoping to make the house look nicer from the outside. I have had the help of my neighbor that I watch in the afternoons. She has been a great help and joy to me because at only 8 years old, she loves to help with house work and yard work. I have been very impressed by her work ethic, and really admire her parents for caring so much where most parents don't. I have also started a mother's bible study, and put a bunch of stuff on ebay. Hopefully it will sell! So there you go. That's been the past several weeks in a nutshell.
Since there have been so few real pictures lately, here are several to keep you happy. To explain, Emma LOVES to tear up magazines, and doesn't always eat them anymore, so I am all about it if it keeps her distracted. The blue paper is from the DMV, and all things from the DMV should be drooled on or thrown away, so she's learning! The other pictures are of Emma stealing three peppermints and sucking on them through the wrapper. We were at mom and dad's the other day, and she found one she wasn't supposed to. There was no getting it away from her! So she found my stash this time around, and thought that three would be better than one. Her breath smelled like mint! I'm a great mom for letting her have all that sugar...










11 comments:
She is so cute with that hat or whatever it is. =) Cutie Pie!
-Mandy
Amy,
Thanks for the great update! What type of law is PI? Is that the field that Brian is going into? It sounds like you are both doing well and Emma is looking so much more grown up! Did she put the hat/pants on her head or was that your fashion idea? :)
Enjoy your Spring!
Meredith
The pants on the head were my idea, though she went along famously. PI stands for Personal Injury (though, no, Andy is NOT an ambulance chaser). Brian does not want to end up in PI, more in contracts or real estate, but this looks phenomenal on your resume. That and it's nice to work with christians.
Personal Injury! That makes so much more sense--I was trying to figure it out and kept coming back to Private Investigator and didn't think that was right! Hooray for resume building and an opportunity to work with good people that you know and trust!
She likes peppermint? That's so hilarious! Do you keep peppermints on hand?
Not always..these just happened to be some I had gotten from a restaurant and she apparently can smell them like a shark smells blood.
Cute pictures. As I was scrolling through with Lydia on my lap she was smiling and saying "Eeema" as usual. Today she also stuck her arms out toward the screen and said "hold eema?"
Thanks Amy for the up date even though I do get to see Emma on the weekends it is so nice to read your comments. The pictures are adorable and the one with Brian is just precious.See yo' tomorrow at church.Love yo'Miss Granny
I forgot to say how proud I am for Brian working with Andy.A great way for him to start his new Career in Law.I greatly admire Andy and know he will be a great roll model for Brian. Miss Granny
I would think that the type O was bad. Role is the word. M.Granny
oh my, she's just so cute and getting cuter (if that's possible). i haven't been around a baby in a good long time, but the other day, one of my friend's friends brought hers by (1yr) and i just couldn't get enough. i enjoy reading about your adventures through motherhood, as i live vicariously on them until i can do it myself. sorry i haven't commented in a while! life has truly been crazy, and well, i know you know how that is! you should update more often so i can get my baby fix! (this coming from someone who updates twice a month...LoL...btw, you subscribe to my blog, don't you? well, have you been getting the updates recently? Sorin hasn't for some reason and I don't know if it's just him or not...)
Post a Comment