I have started kissing Emma's boo boos and telling her "all better!" when I am done. Since all this warm weather started and Emma acquired crocs that are just a little too big, she has gotten LOTS of boo boos! She has also started making up boo boos just to get attention and kisses, so sometimes I just ignore her. Sunday was one of those times. She "hurt" her hand and kept asking me to kiss and make all better. When I wouldn't, she shoved her hands to my lips, made a kissing noise, and said "All better!" I couldn't stop laughing.
On a different, but funny note, last night I was outside while all the neighborhood kids were playing in our yard. One of the girls, who is about 9, came up to me and asked very earnestly if I would tell her where babies come from. I almost fell out of my chair! When I regained a little composure I told her I was pretty sure that was an EXCELLENT question to ask her parents. She didn't seem put off by this, because she asked again! So I decided I would bring out water guns, and the problem was solved. At least things aren't dull around here!



4 comments:
LoL I know I'm supposed to have been focused on the funny parts of the story--and I was, until you mentioned the words "yard" and "water guns" and a GIANT wave of LONGING for the suburban outdoors swept over me in a wash! Ohh, you don't know how I need a margarita, a lawn chair, some grass, a grill, some chicken wings, and a passel of munchkins screaming and running amuck!!
But the stories were hilarious, too...I guess the former is just symptomatic of country-girl-in-the-city syndrome that I didn't know I even had until I saw those words. ;-)
lol, that is really funny!!!
love that your house is party central, and you child is only about to be 2!
Yeah. Our house is totally party central and it is all because of Emma. The kids scream EMMA!! when the see her. She of course laps it up....don't know why she thinks she's the center of the universe.
Post a Comment