Yeah see I know there are great places in Athens, Atlanta, Asheville, Chattanooga . Really anywhere but here! We are moving very close to Athens in a few months, so I guess I will just have to be content to wait until then.
You aren't into Japanese foods, are you? Like sushi? Because there's a very good Japanese restaurant (they have more than just sushi--and they have cooked sushi) in front of the Mall o' GA. It's called Nikko Nikko Sushi. It's so good, and very well priced. Japanese food is rather renowned for being healthy and lite, but it's an acquired taste for some, and doesn't fit well with low, low carb diets. Although, rice is something my mother--who's pre-diabetic and can't eat carbs--can eat quite a bit of, so I think it has a different composition somehow that doesn't affect the bloodsugar as badly. Anyway, just a thought!
Hey, Amy, what sort of diet is this that you're on, if I may ask? Seams like it must be a good one looking at your diet ticker! So many don't work and then it starts getting frusterating. I am just wanting to loose 10, so I was looking for some good one that actually works (so far none have for me!...) Thanks! Lydia
Well I guess I am not technically on any "diet" per se. I just started watching what I eat very carefully and working out religiously. I wish there were an easier answer! Just start paying closer attention to what you eat. Maybe you could keep a food log. There are several websites that will help you track for free (I use Sparkpeople.com and sometimes about.com's calorie count website which is good because it grades the items you eat, letting you know if it really was as healthy as you thought it was =).)
Another thought is that maybe you don't want to lose ten pounds but instead just be more toned. You might emphasize working out rather than cutting back on food so you build muscle rather than just losing weight. But working out really needs to go hand in hand with simply eating well. So there it is. Sorry it's not a diet plan! I wish it were easier, believe me!
ruby tuesday salad bar? ABC? Those are the two semi healthy ideas that come to mind. Or Sweet Tomatoes (although with the idea of Unlimited Salad Bar I'm sure you stack up the calories there, too).
Hey I do not know if you have a Chitpotle's in close proximity to your home... or a DB's Mongolian grill??? The latter is prob the most healthy a bit nicer.
Thanks! The idea of a "log" for what you eat is not a bad idea! Maybe that's a good place to start! Course, haha, if you looked at my blog you can prolly see why it's a bit hard(er) for me, huh? ;) But thanks for the tips there!
BTW -- You're looking 8.5 lbs slimmer! You are looking really good. Today was the first chance I have had to look at you in person. At church it's too hard to notice anything! Way to go on all of your success! So, what workout are you doing?
Thank you Liz!! I am feeling it, since my jeans are falling off me!
My workout varies, but basically I hit the elliptical hard for 35-50 minutes two days a week and when I am done I do some strength training for arms and abs (which still look remarkably flabby, I must say.) I mix it up from time to time so my body doesn't get too used to it, but the most effective thing I do is the elliptical as far as weight loss goes. I would go more often but driving to Jefferson more than twice a week gets pricey and time consuming. I did videos for a while but I find I don't really like having someone else set the pace for me. I just like really hard cardio workouts =).
Randomly, I have started doing push ups off my bathroom counter while waiting for the shower to warm up. I am trying to squeeze random muscle strengthening exercises in while I wait for things like that. "Muscle burns fat" is becoming my mantra.
10 comments:
Well if you were up here I'd recommend sprouts. It's kind of like a deli but more variety and lots of veggies. Hope you find something! :-)
Yeah see I know there are great places in Athens, Atlanta, Asheville, Chattanooga . Really anywhere but here! We are moving very close to Athens in a few months, so I guess I will just have to be content to wait until then.
You aren't into Japanese foods, are you? Like sushi? Because there's a very good Japanese restaurant (they have more than just sushi--and they have cooked sushi) in front of the Mall o' GA. It's called Nikko Nikko Sushi. It's so good, and very well priced. Japanese food is rather renowned for being healthy and lite, but it's an acquired taste for some, and doesn't fit well with low, low carb diets. Although, rice is something my mother--who's pre-diabetic and can't eat carbs--can eat quite a bit of, so I think it has a different composition somehow that doesn't affect the bloodsugar as badly. Anyway, just a thought!
Hey, Amy, what sort of diet is this that you're on, if I may ask? Seams like it must be a good one looking at your diet ticker! So many don't work and then it starts getting frusterating.
I am just wanting to loose 10, so I was looking for some good one that actually works (so far none have for me!...)
Thanks!
Lydia
Well I guess I am not technically on any "diet" per se. I just started watching what I eat very carefully and working out religiously. I wish there were an easier answer! Just start paying closer attention to what you eat. Maybe you could keep a food log. There are several websites that will help you track for free (I use Sparkpeople.com and sometimes about.com's calorie count website which is good because it grades the items you eat, letting you know if it really was as healthy as you thought it was =).)
Another thought is that maybe you don't want to lose ten pounds but instead just be more toned. You might emphasize working out rather than cutting back on food so you build muscle rather than just losing weight. But working out really needs to go hand in hand with simply eating well. So there it is. Sorry it's not a diet plan! I wish it were easier, believe me!
ruby tuesday salad bar? ABC? Those are the two semi healthy ideas that come to mind. Or Sweet Tomatoes (although with the idea of Unlimited Salad Bar I'm sure you stack up the calories there, too).
Hey I do not know if you have a Chitpotle's in close proximity to your home... or a DB's Mongolian grill??? The latter is prob the most healthy a bit nicer.
Thanks! The idea of a "log" for what you eat is not a bad idea! Maybe that's a good place to start!
Course, haha, if you looked at my blog you can prolly see why it's a bit hard(er) for me, huh? ;)
But thanks for the tips there!
BTW -- You're looking 8.5 lbs slimmer! You are looking really good. Today was the first chance I have had to look at you in person. At church it's too hard to notice anything! Way to go on all of your success! So, what workout are you doing?
Thank you Liz!! I am feeling it, since my jeans are falling off me!
My workout varies, but basically I hit the elliptical hard for 35-50 minutes two days a week and when I am done I do some strength training for arms and abs (which still look remarkably flabby, I must say.) I mix it up from time to time so my body doesn't get too used to it, but the most effective thing I do is the elliptical as far as weight loss goes. I would go more often but driving to Jefferson more than twice a week gets pricey and time consuming. I did videos for a while but I find I don't really like having someone else set the pace for me. I just like really hard cardio workouts =).
Randomly, I have started doing push ups off my bathroom counter while waiting for the shower to warm up. I am trying to squeeze random muscle strengthening exercises in while I wait for things like that. "Muscle burns fat" is becoming my mantra.
Post a Comment