I am sure you have all given up on me, but this is worth noting! Emma seems to be potty trained for the day time!
She has several times off and on throughout the past month used the potty, but never consistently. We'd give her a sticker or something like that and make a really big deal out of it, but she really wasn't getting into it. Then yesterday afternoon out of nowhere she tells us she has to go potty. So we tell her to go ahead, thinking she was just pretending, and lo and behold she'd actually used it. We gave her stickers AND marshmallows and it was the marshmallows that have henceforth changed our lives. She wore big girl underwear the rest of the day and used the potty consistently with no accidents all in the name of marshmallows. And now that we know that she is fully capable, guess where the diapers are going? BYE BYE. She will still wear one at night, though I am open to suggestions on that one. But hey, that is a negligible amount compared to what we are paying now!! YAY!!!!!!



3 comments:
now that is great! i think clayton is capable as well, but he hasn't been willing to go on his own. and seeing as the rest of this month is crazy, i will wait until january to see how he does.
One mother I can think of perhaps struggled a bit getting the first child potty trained and then just figured out what the perfect bribe was for each of the rest. Crickets for one. I think another got stickers. Another perhaps wanted food or toys or something. Just gotta figure out the kid's weak spot. :-)
Totally. I am all for bribery in this case. It's a WONDERFUL thing!
Post a Comment