Friday, January 02, 2009
A Little Different This Time
This pregnancy is chugging right along, and I am now 5 months (and officially over halfway!) I really struggled before Emma was born about the concept of elimination communication (infant potty training,) and ultimately decided I wasn't ready to do it with her. But having gone through 2.5 years of diapers and some really really really FUN potty training, I am ready to bite the bullet and try it. I am doing lots of research on how to do it, and Brian is super supportive. I think it would have worked with Emma, and when I think at how much money we've spent on diapers I physically wince. That was $2000 we really really could have used these past few years! But now that I am more confident as a parent, I think I am ready to take it on. In addition to the infant potty training, I will also be using cloth diapers this time. I think we will use the cloth diapers for the first few months and then switch to the potty training. I am so thankful to have so many friends who have gone the cloth diaper route that I can ask for help! I am genuinely excited about trying these things out. Probably a little more excited than I should be! So any advice anyone wants to throw at me on either subject would be more than welcome. I am very new to both ideas!



2 comments:
I have to admit, something about cloth diapering is exciting! I generally enjoy changing Greta's diapers when they are cloth (what color/diaper should we use this time). I don't get that way with paper. I know, I sound crazy. I also enjoy trying out different brands and styles of diapers. I have yet to do prefolds and probably won't. I tried fitted diapers with a cover and hubby wasn't really fond of those. Since prefolds also need a cover he said no to those as well. Our favorites are AIOs but the downside to those is they aren't one size. Pockets are our next favorite although the one size ones can be a bit bulky on a young babe. If you're interested in some AIOs I really like the thirsties ones. They are very absorbent at night time, especially when paired with their super thin insert.
I'm really interested in how EC goes for you guys.
haha! Go ask my mom about her cloth diaper experience!
Post a Comment