I suppose it's time for some semblance of an update on this thing before I lose everyone again! I am 35 weeks pregnant now (as my handy little ticker says...) and ready to see this precious girl. This pregnancy has been a lot easier to handle in many ways than Emma's, but I really think it's helped tremendously that I have continued to work out. The worst part about my pregnancy with Emma was all the awful aches and pains that made me feel like I was falling apart! Oh, and I got HUGE. With this one, it's not been anywhere near as bad. When I am asked how far along I am, everyone is always shocked that I am due so soon. This is a nice change of pace from "Wow, you look like you're ready to pop!" or "Are you SURE it isn't twins?" and you're only 30 weeks along. I know part of it is how I am carrying her, but I think I have also just not gained the same weight. So I highly recommend working out. And honestly, I am not THAT consistent with it. I usually work out fairly lightly 3-4 times a week (when I remember) and I still feel I have reaped huge benefits. I did receive one potentially big blow this week at my doctor's appointment. At my 20 week ultrasound, my placenta was less than 1cm from the Os, which is technically called low-lying. It's no big deal at all at 20 weeks because it almost always moves away throughout the next 10 weeks. We decided to do a follow up ultrasound at 32 weeks as a total no big deal but let's just check anyway kind of thing, but the technician could not get a shot that proved it has moved far enough away. She ended up labeling it low-lying again, which miffed my midwife a bit because at 32 weeks we need to be talking in centimeters, not vague "low lying" terms. Basically, if it's 2-3cm away, then it shouldn't be any sort of problem, but if it hasn't moved then we are almost certainly headed for a C-section. I have been desperately trying to schedule another ultrasound and have so far been unsuccessful. With Kaiser, if it's labeled expedited, they make you wait 72 hours and then they are supposed to call you and tell you when you can come in. I waited 72 hours with no call so far and it's the weekend now, which means there won't be a call until Monday at the earliest. And it's funny, because scheduling my ultrasound at 32 weeks took no time, and they saw me within 5 days. Apparently the closer you get to your due date, the more they think they should drag these things out!! So there we are. That's basically the status of things!
Brian is closing in on the CRAZY part of his semester with papers due and exams to study for and crazy mock trial stuff to prepare for. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel though! This is his last Spring semester, and since he took a full time load, he has very little to do this summer and fall. We are almost done!!!!!! Now to find a job...
Emma is great and getting huge as always. We moved her to a twin bed a few weeks ago so we could have the crib mattress back for her little sister and she has done beautifully. It's fun to watch her grow and see where her interests are. She LOVES puzzles, and we're talking the big ones with lots of pieces and complicated pictures. She also does them from the inside out, which I have never seen anyone do. She is practicing very hard to be the best bossy big sister she can be. She already tells me that I am driving the wrong way to get to where we're going (which I am not, thankyouverymuch) and yells at Leo if he so much as looks at her toys. Should be interesting when her little sister doesn't just yield to her will! (You will know when this happens because most likely it will cause an explosion that can be seen from space.) But she is precious when she isn't being bossy, and most every night now she gives me one of her bear friends to sleep with. She loves to snuggle with me on the couch or her bed, and begs me to sleep with her every night. She is so empathetic, and if I so much as pretend to whimper she immediately asks "What's wrong mama? What's wrong? It's okay mama..it's okay!" I am kind of nervous to see how she handles seeing me in a hospital after Daphne is born. Recovery will be harder for sure this time simply because I will have to be very careful about letting Emma see me in pain! I am not too worried about it all, but it's enough to make me wonder. We shall see in a few weeks!



2 comments:
I guess I can't whine and whine more for an update and then not say anything when one *finally* materializes. :-) And now I'm drawing a blank....
Let's see ... if you're due in thirty-three days (May 7?) I should be sitting at Camp 3 ... ooh, and that's also the day before Star Trek comes out. I'm sad I'm going to miss that. It'll be in the theaters a month before I have the chance to see it - so you know it'll only be showing in the 50-seater at the far end of the hall, around the corner, past the flicker lights and the homeless person.
Did I tell you that I really like the pregnancy workout you suggested? It is great: just the right degree of difficulty, and lots of water breaks. Thanks again for the suggestion.
I will pray that you don't have to have a C-section.
Post a Comment