Thursday, January 15, 2009

Life

Things are already moving right along this year! Brian has two weeks done in this Spring semester, and I don't have to tell you that every single day I say "this is the last January 10th(or whatever the day) you will ever be in law school!" Can you tell that I am pleased we are almost done?

Emma is growing like a weed and is a full blown toddler. We are almost entirely potty trained now, save a few accidents here and there. She has an incredible grasp on language and continually amazes me with the things she understands. Several weeks ago she was getting into trouble for calling me Amy. One day I turned to her and asked her "Emma, are you a munchkin?" Her response was a very quick "No. I mommy to you!" I almost fell out of my chair laughing. She is incredibly sassy, and definitely gives me a run for my money most days, but she is an incredible joy to have around. She is always trying to find ways to help me do whatever I am doing, and I love seeing her take interest in mommy things. She has 3 baby dolls, and when they are all together they are the mommy baby, daddy baby, and baby. She treats them like they are real all the time, and it very offended if you don't do the same! She is such a little mom, and I very excited to see her take on her new role as big sister. So is she! Every morning when I get her up she insists I let her give the baby a hug and a kiss. She then tells her good morning and asks how she slept! And every night it's the same, though she is saying goodnight instead of asking how her sleep was. She is precious and all energy. I am extremely thankful that she still takes a 2 hour nap in the afternoons, because man do I need it too!

Brian is almost done with law school, as I mentioned, and it set to be done this December. He is going full time this semester so that his course load in the summer and fall should be almost nonexistent. His hope is to find a full time job in the legal field, so that taking fewer classes will free up his time to do that. He is heading in the direction of Estate Planning. He will be working with wills and trusts and bankruptcy. Generally the finance side of law. All but one of his classes right now has to do with his chosen path, so he is loving to do all the reading. It's so nice when you're not being forced to do work that has no bearing whatsoever on where you will end up!

I am 24 weeks pregnant today, and already feel like I am in my 3rd trimester! This pregnancy has been so different from Emma's, and it's been funny to get a feel for the differences in this child. I am very excited to see how their little personalities will mesh once she's here and old enough to interact. Other than being pregnant, not much is up with me. I am slowly preparing myself mentally for labor again, and the thought of having two kids to juggle (those of you with 3 or more may laugh here!) I am also trying to work out on a regular basis, but the cold weather is getting me down right now!

So that's life for us right now. I will get pictures uploaded one of these days. I know I am a total slacker but I am working on it!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Aww... I think Emma will be a good big sister.

Brittny said...

O.k. so I just googled Elimination communication. Fascinating.

senojsitruc said...

Okay. It's about time for a new post.

The Budget Mommy: said...

Blah blah..can't you see I am pregnant? I am BUSY. MAYBE I will grace you with something interesting tomorrow or Tuesday.

My Thoughts Exactly said...

So you're having another little girl?

The Budget Mommy: said...

Yes indeed we are. She has no name though..we are stumped!!