Friday, June 22, 2007

Where did the time go?

Emma is officially done nursing! I am happy about this as it means I can finally lose the baby weight, but it's also sad too. It means she is growing up! She says yes now very clearly, and anytime someone talks to her, she responds with "Yess." She has been squeaking with delight at everything the past two days as well. I do mean EVERYTHING. It has been so precious! And last, but certainly not least, she took her first step yesterday! Granny, Mom, Emma, and I were at Mayfield Dairy yesterday for ice cream. She had just finished hers, then she stood up on top of the table and took a step. She repeated the performance again this morning for her "dada"(this time on the floor =)), and has several times done it again throughout the day. Where did the time go?! I am sorry to say I have no pictures to show at this point, but I will try to get some soon.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That counter is quite cute! I can't believe Emma will be one soon. She's doing so many things, too. And, already weaned! Wow! You weren't kidding about weaning by age 1. You almost got her right on the dot.

Anonymous said...

So she is now taking steps? Well, good for you. I can't believe she will be 1 already! Ohh, how time flies. =)

-Mandy

Janet.dl said...

My Oldest Sister told me that you haven't lived until you have a great grandbaby. Well she was so right.I told her if they got any better than grandchildren I couldn't stand it. Well to see our darlin Emma take her first step was such a thrill. God has blessed all of us with the beauty of life and what it has to offer. Just sit back and see how wonderfully you can be blessed by nature and all it offers but to be with your precious daughter in law,granddaughter,and great granddaughter......well it can't get much better than that except to be with each of the daughters in law and all the grand babies that will come in the future. Whoooooooooooooo what a joy to be living today. Love Yo'All Granny,Jeannette

Lisa said...

Congratulations to Emma! And to you, too.

Janet.dl said...

Ladies: I'll tell you about being a granny. Everytime I get to the computer , which isn't every day since I don't have one at home,I just know that Amy will have written every move that Emma has made even though I see her a lot. Well as you can see and you know that isn't going to happen. Mom's have more to do than just sit and keep Grannies satisfied. Toooooo bad.A loving great granny

Rebecca said...

Congrats to both you and Emma! She's growing so quickly- how exciting! :) Sounds like she's doing great.

Just so you know for next time (if you care- hehe) losing weight during breastfeeding is perfectly acceptable! I have this fantastic book called Eat Well, Lose Weight While Breastfeeding. I lost something like 30 lbs while breastfeeding Emily soon after she was born. And she only breastfed until 9 months so it was all before that.

With Claire I just maintained and didn't try very hard. :P Poo on me and my motivation... But yeah- it is totally possible to do healthfully. :)

The Budget Mommy: said...

Thank you for the book advice! I will definitely check the book out. As far as it goes though, I have been incapable of losing the weight. I have tried and tried, and finally gave up and realized I wouldn't be losing an ounce until she was weaned. My body was HANGING on for dear life to the fat...At least it gave Emma plenty of milk, so I am so thankful, but now it's time for it to go!!