Let me give you some free advice. If you go to a water park, wear your shoes. Everywhere. While the water rides themselves were really fun and the park wasn't too crowded, the ground was on FIRE! And the cement was so rough that Brian and I both lost two or three layers of skin by the end of the day. I say we petition to have them repave with that cement that is A:Smooth and B:Doesn't heat up to 150 degrees. You cannot run fast enough to get to a shady spot. Ouch.
My other bit of free advice is this: If you don't want to be scarred for life, don't look at anyone else in the park. 90% of the women there were wearing string bikinis and only 10% of that 90% were actually making it work. I saw a LOT of skin that I did NOT want to see. *shudders* And there were WAYYYYY too many pre teen girls romping around in skanky suits. What are their parents thinking!? Anyway. All of that said, it was not a bad way to spend one of these wonderful 105 degree days. You are in the shade a good deal and you are wet most of the time, thus making the humidity a non-issue. Just be prepared for it to take you 3 hours to get home. Leaving Marietta at 4 in the afternoon just doesn't work. We ended up stopping in Dunwoody for a yummy dinner at The California Pizza Kitchen and kicking around at Borders for a while making a nice leisurely end to a fun day =). So anyway. There it is. Oh, and Happy birthday to Dad, Granny and Sarah. I for one am glad I am the only one in the family on my date...more presents! But keep trying to break that world record...



2 comments:
No pressure for Sarah! Happy Birthday, Jeannette, Mike and Sarah!
Thanks for you comment! Sorry I was so long in the updating. It's been wild these last few weeks. I think you're right. Thinking about walking around last week and how much we loved it, I got excited again. I finally did talk my mother into keeping my kitties a little while longer, which was SERSIOUSLY stressing me out, and I think that helped a ton. It's just such a big move. An exciting one...but BIG. Anyway, yes, we went to Lake Lanier Islands the other day. HOT PAVEMENT! So incredibly hot! And huge 1/2 dressers. At least it's not like at the Black Sea in Romania, where all the fat old men are in speedos and the fat old women are topless. Yes. No joke. We should count our blessings!
Post a Comment