Well, not too much has happened these past few weeks. Brian started back with little fanfare, and is loving all his classes. He is gone a lot, but he is home Tuesdays so it gives us a nice break in the middle of the craziness. Emma waves goodbye every morning and cries when he leaves. It's heartbreaking because three days a week that's the only time he sees her. But it is nice that she loves her daddy so much.
Emma is doing great and has hit a huge growth spurt. Suddenly (to me) her infant carrier was way too small so we had to go get a big girl one. She loves facing forward and seems to like sitting in it in general. I bought her a pair of 12-18 month pants from old navy that she wore for the first time today and they were too tight!! When I took them off for bedtime there was a red ring around her waist! And MUCH to my shock they were almost the right length, just a little too long. She is not a baby anymore, and we were just in awe today of how long she is and just how old she looks! A few days ago I showed her bubbles and she immediately said bubble back to me. She now says it when she sees the bottle or even if she doesn't and she wants to play with them. It was her fastest word so far. It usually has taken a few weeks to get one down, so doing it in a matter of minutes was definitely new! She points to every radio and dances, and when I ask her if she wants music she goes crazy. She is starting to pretend a little bit, and loves to play with me or without me depending on how much sleep has been had and how bored she is =). All in all she is doing great! Did I mention I cannot believe she isn't a baby anymore?
I am doing great. Emma and I both got awful colds this week, and mine had moved into my chest yesterday. I was really concerned that I was going to get bronchitis, but it seems to be clearing up today for which I am extremely thankful. I guess taking it easy really does help =). Other than that, I have just been kicking around with Emma and enjoying watching her grow!
Last night, Brian's boss gave us his tickets to the last pre-season Falcon's game, which were on the 45 yard line in the executive level. We went with the secretary and her husband and we had a great time! Just before we left, Brian's boss told us he had called ahead and made reservations for us at the nicest restaurant there and he was paying for it. It was so unexpected and so sweet. It was fantastic and we really had a great time. Then when we went to our seats, four rather large women were sitting there. When it became apparent they were in no mood to move, we opted to take their intended seats, which were on the 50 yard line. Darn. Nicer seats? Do we have to? It was really really nice. It is THE way to go to a football game and I would TOTALLY do it again. I was very skeptical, but Andy insisted I go just to get the experience and I am SOOO glad he made me!
So without further ado, here are some pictures of our fun last night, as well as some cute ones of Emma playing the piano (which she LOVES to do, by the way. She will sit there and play then look at me with a big grin on her face, clap, and play some more. Precious!!)











5 comments:
She is precious!
Ok. She is too cute playing the piano!
How nice of Andy! I bet you guys had a nice time.
Great post! What a sweet deal about tickets AND yummy food. :-) And I didn't know that Sarina was the secretary! Cool. What an awesome workplace for Brian!
I can't wait for fall either!
What a precious doll at the piano.She could be a wonderful pianist like her Great Aunt Mildred,my sister.He has a degree in music and what a joy for me to have her to accompany me in taking voice lessons. I couldn't have done it without her help since I could only play Power In the Blood. I do hope Emma will be interested in learning for the joy she could bring to herself as well as to so many people. Go Emma Go. Love Yo'Great Granny
Post a Comment