Thursday, September 18, 2008

For what it's worth

I suppose one reason I have absented myself so much from the habit of blogging is because I am trying to keep my head down and run through all the craziness that's going on. I realize that that isn't helpful or really all that healthy, nonetheless I think it's what I have been doing. So I am here and now going to try to start doing this more faithfully again. I will be sad about all the lost memories from the last year, so I am going to start over and try again. Maybe, just maybe I will be consistent with it!

Brian is well into the swing of his second to last fall semester in law school, which we are thrilled about! His schedule is tough, but it's better because the courses he's taking he now gets to choose, so he's basically done with his core stuff. He is still working at Geneva teaching two classes, and he works the rest of the time at a real estate closing firm called Vine Law Group. He loves his job, and we are praying he will be able to transition into working there as a lawyer as soon as he passes the bar. He is set to be done with law school in December of next year, and he will hopefully take the Bar Exam in March. Then we will have to wait three or four agonizing months to know if he passed or not!

Emma is unbelievably grown up. She is wearing 3t pants, and talks in complete sentences. Her constant question is "What's that?" and she is constantly moving. She is quite the social butterfly, and everywhere we go she strikes up a conversation with everyone. She loves the playground, and she LOVES babies! If she sees one, she will stop what she's doing immediately and go look at it. She is always talking about baby Kyle and baby Elliot, and loves every opportunity to hold and see real babies. She got a puzzle a few days ago, and is getting very good at figuring it out. She also no longer uses a high chair but sits with us at the dinner table. While this is messy for the walls, she adores it! She is a great little helper, and is super sweet and loving. Her hair is really long now, and I guess at some point I should get it trimmed again, but I cannot bear to cut the curls. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I am doing well. I am finally finding ways to manage the stress of all the craziness, and am finally more content with how things are going. Since we are heading into fall I am getting very excited about cooler weather. I am having to fight the urge to bake all sorts of yummy and fattening things just because it's fall. I will be baking a few things soon, but I am trying to wait until I have somewhere to take them! I am going to a playgroup with Emma that I absolutely love, and it's been wonderful to make some new friends. It gives me lots to look forward to!

So now I will leave you with some pictures that span from about three or four months back to today. I am overdue!








3 comments:

Nan said...

yay! You posted!!!

Megan said...

the picture with Emma leaning on the table is just too cute!! love it!

s said...

she's looking so grown up. what a cutie pie big girl!