Friday, October 13, 2006

Alright, Alright

I don't know why it's been so hard for me to post, but I just cannot seem to get to the computer for that long these days. I suppose, though, that it is time for an update.

Emma is doing great and still growing like a weed. This past week she has started going down at 7:30 and waking up 12 hours later. I am a BIG fan. However, it has thrown the day schedule off a little bit, and I am still trying to get a handle on that. I am not complaining though. Brian and I can officially go out on dates now after she is down for the night! She is getting so very close to rolling over, and soon I fear there will be no stopping her. This morning I had her in her Bumbo on the bathroom counter so she could watch me get ready, and she started trying to get out. She seriously only needed one more big push and she would have toppled out. I am glad I witnessed this. I will no longer be walking away when she is in the Bumbo. I fear that all of the wonderful times of just being able to put her down somewhere and walk away are coming to an end. Sigh. Well, they say I will start losing more weight now. I guess that's the upshot to not being able to sit down anymore =).

Brian had his first test yesterday in his bibliography class. It was pass/fail, and he feels very strongly that he passed, which is always a good thing. We are coming up on exam time in a month or so, and things are going to get even crazier for us =). I cannot believe this first semester is already almost over. I am so very proud of Brian. He has been working so hard, and things have NOT been easy, but he persists and is doing so well. Please keep him in your prayers, though. "We've only just begun."

I am doing dandy. I walk most every day of the week with Jen, Liz, Lydia, Emma, and baby Kate. In spite of this, I am still not really losing weight, though I am promised the pounds should just MELT off starting around 6 months postpartum(I think it's just because you lose all your hair then, but they assure me I really will lose actual weight.) I am so thankful for the time to get out of the house and spend time with them. It also makes for a great motivator. Otherwise, I would still be sitting around wondering why I am always so tired =). I have been doing lots of reading, and am currently taking apart a cabinet to repaint it. I take great joy in unscrewing things and putting them back together. I guess I got that from my dad. I need power tools. Then there will be no stopping me =) (maybe Brian doesn't want that to be the case, though, eh?) I am really enjoying being a stay at home mom. I am so thankful that the Lord gave me this chance, and I am thankful for the changes He is making in me. There's nothing like having lots of time stuck in one spot (nursing) to ponder where your problems lie, and what you need to change about yourself. God truly has blessed me with my family, and He is giving me peace about things I have always tried to control. Amazing what a child will show you about how you aren't in control =). Anyway, all that to say that we are all doing great, and I especially am thankful in ways I never thought possible for the life I have been given.

Okay, now that I have forced you to read my ramblings, you may see pictures.

Yeah, yeah. It's out of focus. Stupid digital camera...

So so very cute and alert.

She was screaming, and I had to get something done, so I put her down, and about a minute later I came back to this =).

I opened up my dryer and the bear was just sitting there. It was so funny!

She hates the playmat, but again, she cried herself to sleep.

My future scholar with her beloved Baby Einstein book

She is getting stronger and stronger every day.

She likes to work out just like mommy =)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy - You are so sweet. You have shown such tenderness. I tell you, some of the very things you spoke of gave voice to some of my feelings of the heart since AG was born. Raising my girls has taught me so much about myself, somehow helped draw me closer to the Lord, and made me see many things (and sins) in a different light. It is funny all the lessons we learn from our children. Some are hard, but all are good. Sanctification can come in a variety of means and forms I suppose. I know you are just smitten with love for Emma. The great thing is that never fades. It only matures. I am having fun watching you in your joy of her. To believe that God would be so gracious to us, to give us such joy, to bring such blessing, as undeserving as we are.... It is incredibly beautiful. I hope one day we are all old and watching our children walk in faith. Until then, we must seek to proclaim His name in our daily walks before our children, to teach them even in the simplicities of life, and to help them never forget His mercy and goodness to us by our example and fruits.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amy for letting us share in your day to day things with Emmma. What a blessed treat.granny

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy! I found your blog through Jen's blog. Your little girl is SO adorable! I only saw her from a distance when we were last there, and she was so tiny. She has grown a lot in just a few months. I love that last picture... she looks so proud of herself! I miss having a little baby in the house. (o:

Elizabeth said...

Very sweet, Ames. Emma looks as though she is doing the old bite E.B. on the mouth trick, akin to Lydia's lovebites on Pup. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

I find it amusing that the majority of items in the dryer are a shade of pink.

The Budget Mommy: said...

Stephanie - Ah, to be an example is so daunting. I don't think anyone should mimic my behavior. Are we sure I should be a mom? =)

Pattie - I am so glad you found it! I have enjoyed reading up on yours as well =). How is your ailing Hubby doing? I can only imagine how hard that was to deal with in the middle of law school! And yes, Emma has grown like crazy. I try to tell her to stop, but she's already not listening to me =).

Liz - She loves to do the lovebite thing on EB. It is hilarious to watch Lydia do it, so hopefully Emma will be just as cute a sight to see when she's older.

Kelley - Yes yes. You know, I tried to branch out. I really did. But the one time I put her in green some well-meaning woman said she was such a cute boy. So that's it. Until she is OBVIOUSLY a girl, no blues or greens. I suppose I could get some purple items. Don't worry. In a month she will have outgrown all the winter clothes I just bought for her, and I will branch out in the color department.

Anonymous said...

> Stupid digital camera.

A camera is only as good as its photographer....

Anonymous said...

well, hey! good to be aknowledged in the blogger world-- thanks for the hello.
i think that if i were small and helpless a play mate would scare me too. all alone down there, just me and those dangling contraptions.

Anonymous said...

Hey you...I've heard that before about Helen Hunt that is...eh I don't see it but it must be there. Anywho I think you should call soon because I can't wait for you and your sweet baby to come visit me!!!! I'm so excited! Keep posting as I love to read how ya'll are doing and what motherhood is teaching you...man I should try that one day :)!
Love ya!