Saturday, September 30, 2006

Just thought you should know...

I thought this was interesting.

By the by, Horizon "organic" milk says it has no ADDED growth hormones in it's milk. Tricky tricky.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Horizon has been shunned by hippies for awhile now, mostly because they do the bare minimum to qualify for an organic label, but they tend to do a lot of stuff that goes against a lot of organic principles. Is there a southeast Organic Valley version? They're pretty good -- they organize local farms to sell their milk locally -- so the OV milk that we buy here all comes from Mass or Vermont. But I think in other parts of the country it comes from wherever it's being sold.

In any case, I just stopped drinking milk because my body doesn't seem to like it anymore -- but Silk was the only soymilk that I liked. Guess I'll have to keep looking. Or maybe switch to rice milk?

But really -- the whole point of this is that I just bought a plane ticket to visit Mom and Dad during Thanksgiving week (monday-Friday)... Are you going to be around?? Can I come see you (and the Baby!!)???

love a.(manda -- the cousin)

The Budget Mommy: said...

Yes, there is an Organic Valley brand. I try to buy that when I do buy milk. I don't like to drink it either, but I still use it for cooking and the organic stuff lasts longer. I stopped drinking Soy milk when I realized how much debate was out there about if it is really good for you. I didn't want to take a chance, so I switched to rice milk and I really like it. I use the Rice Dream brand, and it just tastes like skim milk.

I am going to be around over Thanksgiving, so feel free to come see Emma and me. She is getting so big that if you don't come soon she won't look like a baby anymore =).

Anonymous said...

Ooooh-I want to get in on the family reunion!! I'll most likely be around for a day or two as well--Party at the Murphys!! Will Sarah be home for the holidays??

Hope to see you soon!!

:) Mer

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the soy debate is also pretty overwhelming. I don't eat tofu or other soy products, so I think that the small amount of soymilk I eat with cereal is probably ok -- I think that a lot of the concern about excess soy has been from veggies who eat soy yogurt and tofu and soymilk and everything else...though I could be making that up!

I vaguely remember trying Rice Milk in college at one point, and I think I liked it. Maybe I'll give that another shot, since I'm not really loving the whole soymilk thing anyway.

Looking forward to seeing you!! I think I'll see if Granny'll give me a ride when we're out scooterpooping. :)

love a.

Anonymous said...

Well I'm getting in on this tag for sure. I can hardly wait to show off my great grandaughter to my granddaughters who will just have a fit over her.She grows so much in a week it is unbeliveable how fast she is heading toward walkiing and talking. I was telling Bun McKee's daughter today at the church office that she was the most beautiful baby in the world and you know what she didn't agree with me one bit since she has her first grandbaby. Well you can't win them all.I just know that I can be coached into this outing without any problems.
I'm going to a wedding tomorrow night and then Sunday Afternoon I'm going with Mildred to Crusade in Monroe,Ga. The Waters Family who were singers are helping to sponsor this for the City of Monroe churches. Macky Waters lead the sining at his son's Church who is the Pastor and I know it will be wonerful to hear and sing the hymns we all love to sing. Wish all of you could go with us. I know it will all be so wonderful.
It is getting late and I need to get toward the bed before midnight.
Nan ,Amy and Emma have gone on the Ladies Retreat that I have been to before but couldn't go this time since I have that wedding tomorrow.
Take care everybody and I love yo'all dearly,Miss Granny,granny gran gran,grannie

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that Mackey is going to "lead the sining". I always thought he was better than that.

The Budget Mommy: said...

I didn't catch it until you said something, Dad. =)

Elizabeth said...

hardy har har -- Granny had a few typos, but I was kind enough to OVERLOOK them. :-)

Anonymous said...

I only said something because Mackey is such a Godly man. He had a very large impact on me as a teenager getting into full-blown rebellion. His whole extended family is like yours Liz. Full of faithful Christians, many of whom are pastors or otherwise in the ministry. His family and Mom's family have all been close since Mom was a little girl. I was more making fun of the idea of him leading the sinning than mocking my poor sweet mother, although I was able to seemingly accomplish both at the same time. I am amazing!

Anonymous said...

Amy: Caroline said she is keeping up with Emma on your blog.Thanks so much for keeping us up dated. I'm so blessed to see her but a lot who enjoy your blog can't.Love Yo'Dearly,Granny

Anonymous said...

I had not read the comments from my precious son until after I had witten my las commit. Thanks Liz for helping me out. I discovered the typos but had already sent so couldn't edit it. Sometimes I just get to going so fast and then don't stop to edit. Well anyway I love Mike's comments about the Waters family.My sister Mildred is a Music major and has played the piano and organ and taught for more than 40 years.She played for the Waters family to sing and they had a great influence on our wonderful community of Tucker.We had a great up bringing with a close knit families with our town numbering around 500 when we were little. Noboby could do anything withouot everybody knowing about it whether it was good or bad. Granny