So about two weeks ago, I made an attempt to make apple butter in my crock pot. All the reviews said it could sit in the insert for hours, even days, and would make no difference in how it turned out. So I followed the directions and, without fear, set it for 10 hours overnight. When I woke up in the morning, the apple butter was CARBONIZED. I mean, so stuck to the pot that I am STILL trying to get it off. So what I want to know is does anyone have any ideas for getting it out? I have tried soaking it overnight, soaking it for days, putting soap and water into it and putting it back into the crock pot to cook...just about anything I can think of, and it still won't come up. I am starting to get very worried that I have destroyed my crock pot insert. This stuff is like cement, no joke. I don't want to start bashing it with something, since the insert is non-stick and I don't want to ruin it if I can help it. So ANY ideas would be very appreciated...I would hate to have to get a new crock pot for christmas because of the horrid apple butter...sigh.
In other news, I am getting a hair cut today, which I am quite excited about. And then, because Brian will be home, I have big plans to get some shopping done. I have two long sleeve shirts that look decent on me, and no sweaters, so it's time I got some winter clothes.
Emma is finally better. No runny noses or coughs anymore, and I am very thankful. And to top it all off, two weeks later, she is finally adjusting to the time change. I get to sleep in again!!
So now you are all caught up. I will post more later, when I think of anything more interesting.



4 comments:
Amy,
For some reason, I think that maybe oil or butter would help get out the apple residue--I'm not sure why, but I think that I would try that next, if soap and water weren't working for me!
Good luck! Have fun with your haircut and shopping! Definitely post some pictures of the new haircut!!
:) Meredith
New haircut and new clothes....happy day =)
Post some pictures...(you know, since I rarely see you...)
So how do you like your cut?
I can't wait to see the hair cut. I'll be all ready when you get here Amy and we'll just sit and look t you and Emma. It seems like so long since I saw you both. I must get dressed before you arrive after all it is almost10:30. Love Yo'Miss Granny
Post a Comment