Monday, November 13, 2006

A week of firsts

Yes, I know it's Monday, but Emma has already had a busy week. Yesterday morning, she woke me up early, crying and very upset. When I came into her room, she was perched on her back, eating her feet. As I most definitely did not leave her that way, I was thrilled to see that she had finally rolled over! She has yet to show a desire to do so again, but I think she has simply checked it off of her list of things to do. Now she can move on to something else. So this morning she woke me, quite upset again, and at 3:30 am this time. It took quite a bit to calm her, and she finally went back to sleep. So our day went on as normal, and this afternoon we were playing when she stuck my finger in her mouth and chomped down on it. I immediately realized that a tooth is coming in! Her front bottom left tooth is coming in! She is only 4 months old!! This does explain the EXCESSIVE drooling she has been doing lately, and the general fussiness. I alomst cried when I saw it. My baby has a tooth! She won't be completely toothless ever again, and it makes me kind of sad. Anyway, I thought Emma's adoring public would want to know. I am sorry I don't have pictures, but I am sure I will get some soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

(This might not turn out well, since the website has reverted to Japanese....! But I'll try anyway.) I just wanted to say that every time I check for updates, Emma is cuter than ever (if that's possible!). I truly adore the hair. Btw, I am so jealous of your crock pot! The Japanese don't really use ovens/crock pots, so our house only has a two-burner stove. :-( Eat some yummy Western things for me!

j.j. said...

Well your suspicions about "early" teething proved correct....happy times!
She is just so cute, Amy - I could squeeze those cheeks every time I see her!

Unknown said...

A first tooth! How exciting. I am sure you'll be getting some close ups on her pearly white. My girls didn't start getting teeth until 11 months. Of course they were late walkers too - 14 and 17 months. Perhaps Emma will be on the fast track to development. =) She is a precious little munchkin.

Elizabeth said...

Yes, well, hopefully she doesn't use that little tooth to inflict some real damage. :-) Happy feedings!

The Budget Mommy: said...

Anna - I cannot believe you dont have a crock pot! Those people must be so uncivilized!! =)

Liz - I told her that she was in breach of contract...I did not agree to teeth until she was weaned. Hopefully she won't feel the need to be biting me.

Brian and I think she is precious too. She is becoming so active and involved in everything around her. We have really enjoyed seeing her grow!