Monday, January 08, 2007

And We're Crawling!!...Backwards!!

It is so cute to watch her scoot around on the floor. The other day I put Emma down on her tummy right in front of the futon. I was laying down reading and watching her, and all of the sudden all I saw was her head. She had scooted herself underneath the futon feet first, and then she cranked her head around and gave me a big smile =). And she is also sitting herself up now. I just have to say it again...I cannot believe how big she is getting!!

On another note, I have a question for the people who read this blog. Emma has started reacting VERY badly to both rice cereal and oatmeal. It makes no sense, as these are supposed to be the least likely things that she would react to, but she is reacting violently to both. I know it's these two. There isn't a doubt in my mind, so I am wondering if anyone has heard of this or has any idea why she might be. She has no problem at all with butternut squash, carrots, apples, pears, or prunes. She also had no problem with the rice initially, and has only recently begun to be so sick from it. Anyway. I know I have already asked some of you about this, but I am just curious if anyone has any ideas.

Brian started back to school today, and all has gone well so far. He gets his grades over the next two weeks, so please be in prayer for him. He is convinced he has failed all three, while I am sure he made all A's. I am praying that he will be encouraged by his grades, not discouraged. He just loves it so much, so I am hoping that things will be okay =).

I am doing fine. I am having to readjust to Brian not being home all the time, but it's not a big deal. I am thankful he is getting to do something he loves. He couldn't have such a great schedule forever, so I might as well get used to the real world now. And it does give me plenty of time to read and update Emma's blog, so how can anyone argue with that?

I leave you with a picture of my munchkin eating her giraffe(and a few bonuses). Doesn't it look so tasty?




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, selfishly I've posted, but not read anyone else’s blog. I’m sorry little Emma is having so much trouble-- Emma AND Mommy I suppose. Of all those people who do read your blog, I'm afraid I’m not among those who could possibly contribute a useful solution to baby's problems. New Years Eve and the first twenty minutes of ‘07 were especially exciting—thanks for the invite. =)

The Budget Mommy: said...

Yes, I suppose I will have to depend on the vast hordes of people who read my blog, other than you ;). I bet that this new year's eve was the best you've ever had just because it was at our house. And who can blame you for liking it so much, really? This is just so the place to be!

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Thanks so much for the pictures! I'm sorry to also have little advice to offer in the way of rice/oatmeal reactions. Could she have an allergy? Have you tried using different types of oatmeal/rice?

Good luck with your newly mobile Emma!I'll be thinking about you and Brian as he waits for his grades--that is something I can certainly relate to!

Don't forget to come and visit!

Meredith

Anonymous said...

Amy!

I think the secret to Emma's rice/oatmeal problem is in the pictures: She only eats Giraffes!

Food allergies are a pain -- it'd be a bummer if that were the case. Hope you get it figured out!

(Yay for mobility!!)

love,
your other useless cousin :)

a.

senojsitruc said...

You're appealing to the internet for advice on caring for your child...? Yeah.

The Budget Mommy: said...

I was simply wanting to know if anyone else had heard of this. So there.

Anonymous said...

Amy; I think I found my problem. I had to many Murphy's on the bottom of my screen. I remember once Sarah as me why I had so many. I didn't know I did. Well any way I'm here at last. I just don't give up you know. All of the pictures are adorable and to think I get to hold her in person. My sister ,Doris, told me once that you haven't lived until you have a great grandbaby. She was so right.God is so gracious to let those of us he has blessed in that way.Love yo'granny