Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

We threw an impromptu party last night, and all was going fine until Emma woke up screaming. Evidently she's allergic to her rice cereal, and she didn't want it in her stomach anymore, so she thought I should wear it instead. But the party went on, and we all had a great time. I even got to sleep until 9 this morning because Emma went to bed so late. Ah well. Never a dull moment.

It has been a really nice vacation from reality, and I can honestly appreciate it so much more since there is actually something to vacation from now. Sadly, Brian returns to school in a week, and will be gone even more this semester than last, but I look forward to the goal of all of this. He will be doing something he loves, and that is worth so much to me.

Emma is days away from crawling. She was on the floor at the Abraham's house and Avalyn's yellow cup was near her. She got up on her hands and knees and actually managed to crawl a few paces before giving up and stretching to reach for it. I am really excited about it, but the thought also just makes me tired. I am going to have to earn my rest from now on, and that's no fair. But she is growing and loves food (except the rice cereal), and she is going to be 1 before I know it. Sigh. Who flipped the miracle grow switch?

I leave you with a picture of my lazy cat. He slept in this manner for a good 20 minutes until I decided I needed a little more room. He has it so good....

3 comments:

s said...

what a sweet little cat he is most of the time.

The Budget Mommy: said...

indeed. he was a brat today, but he's still my cat. Sigh. Why couldn't I have gotten one that behaves a little better?

Elizabeth said...

Happy New Year! I hope your house was at arctic temp. Down blanket, long sleeves, AND a cat sleeping on top of you -- Yikes!