Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Good to know!!

Maybe everyone else already knew this, but I just found out, so in case you didn't know...
If you order from Amazon, you should go back and check Amazon's prices to see if they are any lower. Although they dont state it on their site, Amazon will give you the lower price on the items you purchased if you notify them within 30 days. All you have to do is call 1-800-201-7575.
I felt this was worth mentioning. Hope it helps =).

On to other things.
Brian found out his grade for his last class and he did very well in it. This was a great encouragement to him, and I am glad. I hope he can do even better now that he knows what is expected and is giving more time to it.

Emma is doing very well and is officially sitting herself up. We were just playing in her room and I was reading to her. When I looked up at her, she was proudly sitting up beside her trash can, moments away from eating its contents, so I was glad to snatch that away in time. She is crawling, though mostly backwards, but crawling nonetheless.
She is in the "only mommy for me" stage, and has been very sweet and cuddly with me. I was at my mom and dad's last night and we put her down for a nap. She screamed and screamed, so we got her back up a little while later and when she saw me she just started grinning and hugging me and wouldn't let me go. Evidently she is terrified that I will leave her if she takes a nap there.
She is finally eating green beans, but only if they are steamed and pureed with butternut squash..but it's a start. Maybe someday she will find a new love. Until that day, though, she will keep her orange skin tone from all the squash she eats. Too cute!

I am doing fine. I get a haircut tomorrow and possibly an eyebrow wax(which is not that painful...c'mon.), so it will be nice to have some "me" time. Maybe I will even get coffee. Hmmm..this is sounding better and better. Anyone want to give me a certificate for a free massage? I won't be saying no...
Oh and Brian and I finally had a good date! It was a few weeks ago now, but we went to Carraba's and it was wonderful! The food was excellent and the service was great as well. We then went out for coffee and to the bookstore and just had a pleasant evening. It's about time =).

I am also soon to paint our dining room, and I would like to make a headboard for our bed. I have seen this done on Trading Spaces, and I am wondering if anyone who reads this has actually done it and could give me some tips.

I think that pretty much catches everyone up. I have to go get some things done before Emma wakes up again!



6 comments:

Kelley said...

Eyebrow waxes - while not the most enjoyable of beauty treatments I do appreciate the nice results afterwards. It sure beats plucking!

Congrats to Emma on her new found skill of sitting up.

Unknown said...

Take me with you! =)

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I actually made the headboard for my bed--I looked into making a tufted head board, a la Trading Spaces, but was quickly overwhelmed. Instead, I bought a really nice outdoor couch cushion (two-seater) with long ties and used three decorative nails and hung up the cushion where the bedboard would be. It took about 5 minutes and looks great! And, since there's a lot of cushions in this world, I had lots of color and design choices--

It might not be what you are looking for, but it has worked really well for me!

I hope you enjoyed your haircut and wax!

:) Cousin Meredith

Unknown said...

Oh - I always liked when people found old doors and painted them distressed to use as the headboard. I thought they had lots of character. It may not be going with the style you had in mind though. I wanted Ben at one point to make a tall skinny armoire with an old door and door knob. I am not sure whatever happened to that idea. =)

The Budget Mommy: said...

Yeah, I am too much of a fraidy cat to pluck my own brows..So wax gets it over so quickly.
Steph - You should have come with me...It would have been really fun! You should treat yourself to a pampering since you are finally back to the land of the living! I too also like the distressed door look, I just don't think that Brian will love it. I am caught because I don't even know how to paint our room yet. I don't know why I cannot come up with any ideas!
Mer - I think that is a really cute idea. I wonder if I could find one big enough for a queen sized bed? It sounds a good deal easier than making one...because it is overwhelming me too. Maybe it's a Doster thing =).

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I actually have a Queen size bed and I found a cushion-thing that fits the bed nicely at our local department store. I ended up getting one larger one, but definitely spent an absurd amount of time on the floor of the home furnishing department, trying to put different combinations of smaller cushions together. If you end up trying it, let me know--I'm a big fan of my head cushion thingy!

Love the haircut pictures!!

Meredith