This made my day! I found the link from this website, and I must say I have been very impressed by it. You can get a link to it on your google webpage if you have one.
They have been trying so hard to jam it through the legislature in several states to make it one of the mandatory vaccines to enter 6th grade. Isn't this country great?
Would it be mandatory for all children, even those not in public schools? Or would the mandate apply only to public school children? I've been trying to figure out how they would monitor the immunization of non-public school children--
Just wondering--
Rumor has it that you made the tufted head board for your bed--I'd love to hear about that process as I am becoming increasingly annoyed with my 'cushion-on-wall' head board thingy-
They would make it mandatory for all girls. It would just be given at that doctor visit like all the other follow up vaccines. To make it mandatory simply means that you have to have it to go to public school, like you have to have mmr,dtap,and all the rest. It would simply be added in with those.
I do now have an adorable headboard, but I cannot take too much credit. While I started out to make it myself, dad ended up making it for me, which was okay by me =). It was very simple, but not so easy if you don't happen to have a table saw handy. That said, once we cut the plywood it was all very easy. Oh and you need a staple gun too. But I just used a table cloth I found at Marshal's that I loved the design of. I think it looks great =). I will post pictures soon...
5 comments:
Wait, wait. What does this mean "mandatory"?!?!?
They have been trying so hard to jam it through the legislature in several states to make it one of the mandatory vaccines to enter 6th grade. Isn't this country great?
Amy,
Would it be mandatory for all children, even those not in public schools? Or would the mandate apply only to public school children? I've been trying to figure out how they would monitor the immunization of non-public school children--
Just wondering--
Rumor has it that you made the tufted head board for your bed--I'd love to hear about that process as I am becoming increasingly annoyed with my 'cushion-on-wall' head board thingy-
Have a great day!
Meredith
They would make it mandatory for all girls. It would just be given at that doctor visit like all the other follow up vaccines. To make it mandatory simply means that you have to have it to go to public school, like you have to have mmr,dtap,and all the rest. It would simply be added in with those.
I do now have an adorable headboard, but I cannot take too much credit. While I started out to make it myself, dad ended up making it for me, which was okay by me =). It was very simple, but not so easy if you don't happen to have a table saw handy. That said, once we cut the plywood it was all very easy. Oh and you need a staple gun too. But I just used a table cloth I found at Marshal's that I loved the design of. I think it looks great =). I will post pictures soon...
wow. i cannot believe that they are trying to make it mandatory. i'm really floored.
Post a Comment