It's pollen season! My favorite time of year! People will often remark on how gorgeous spring is, and how it's their favorite season. I am afraid that I cannot share this sentiment. I never used to have pollen problems, but when I got to high school it really started bothering me. I take Bee Pollen to help, but this year it doesn't seem to be doing much. I will take ANY suggestions for something to help. This sadly means that I cannot really go outside much either. Oh well. Come end of April Emma and I can venture outdoors again. Until then, you'll find me laying on my couch staving off the sinus headaches. Joy. I did discover today that I can wash my pillows! Why does this make me so happy, you might ask? Because I always thought I had to throw away my pillow after a certain while, and this means I don't have to. I can sleep on a dustless, pollenless pillow! The things that make me happy...
Oh and speaking of things that make me happy, I have discovered the Mr Clean Eraser Mop and Unscented Oust. The mop is phenomenal. I can now clean my floors with a mr clean eraser and not have to be down on my hands and knees to do so. I am a big fan! And so is Brian, because I seem to be obsessed with mopping now. As for the Oust, it really does get rid of any odor without leaving some nasty fake scent. It doesn't mask, it actually takes it away. If they can sell it in unscented then it must really work, and believe me it does. Oh and it's bogo at publix this week =).
Emma is doing marvelously. I have discovered that she really doesn't like fruit, but she LOVES veggies. Not a bad thing, but quite funny. I make her asparagus, carrot, and zucchini purees and she LOVES it. We have also now gone a whole week without butternut squash and I am dancing for joy! She is also quite mobile now, as she has realized the extent of what crawling means for her. This also keeps me on my toes, but it's fun. She pulls up all the time and stands only holding on with one hand and she is starting to get the idea of walking. I don't think it will be very long until we hit that milestone, and it makes me want to cry! She is also talking in vowels and consonants, e.g. dadada, lalala. It's really sweet. She just babbles away to herself as she crawls around playing, and it's adorable!
Brian is on spring break this week, and he has been home every night. It's been really nice to have him around, and it's been a great week for him to recharge. Next week he's back at it, but in a few short weeks he'll get Geneva's spring break too, so that will be really nice as well.
Well, it's my day off from all babysitting I do, so I am going to go take advantage by not going outside! Hmm..Maybe it's time to go to the mall! Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week!
As for the pictures, I just couldn't help myself!





14 comments:
Emma - you look so beautiful in your snazzy earrings but tell your momma she needs to coordinate them with your outfit! :-)
It seems to me that Miss Emma is saying now I'm in charge so just stand back girls. But no our little missy would never say that.Thanks Amy for keeping the blogging up. We love seeing her and would love for you to put you andbrian on some also.Love Yo'Miss Granny
One distressing thing that has happened is that since you have gone to subscription only access I have not been able to save any of these pictures other than to put them on my desktop as the background. I want to be able to save them in a folder as well. Any suggestions anyone?
Aww, her earrings look just right on her. =) She looks absolutely adorable. I can't wait until she starts walking!!
-Mandy
There are a lot of natural allergy remedies -- most of them you have to start doing months in advance of pollen season, though -- the most common ones are nettles and local, raw honey. Is there a naturopathic doctor near you? (S)he might have a lot of good ideas...
Love the pictures!!! So cute!!!
AMY, that's too much. She obviously like them. . I guess her drama queen interior was just coming on out! I hope you're enjoying a few days break from my littlest one. She says HI to you and Emma.
To save pictures:
--In Firefox right click on picture and choose "Save Image As:"
--In IE right click on picture and choose "Save Picture As:"
I don't have a MAC so if you are using safari I'm afraid I don't have any ideas. Hope that helps.
She uses Opera...
Opera may be my problem. Granny is not having any trouble saving the pictures! :-)
According to Sorin, you have to take something like 20 capsules of bee pollen a day for about 2-3 weeks for it to have an effect on you. I haven't ever done it, but he swears by it (very much a vitamin/suppliment lover). Also, it helps if you have localized capsules, as what bothers you might not be the same as what appears in the capsules (i.e. different plant products). Also, I had an 89 year old neighbor who grew his own bees so he could eat one spoonful of extremely local raw honey every morning, and said he'd never had allergies since. I think you might be able to find something local without becoming a bee keeper...but then again, that hat thing is pretty chic... ;-)
I have always had a dream of owning my own bee farm. This is just the time to realize that dream! Then again, maybe not, but maybe there is someone relatively nearby who does this so I can try their honey. I am afraid to take so much bee pollen at one time since I'm still nursing... Maybe I should just stop breathing? Oh and thanks for the tip on the yummy thing from Trader Joes. I am supposed to head over there sometime in the next couple of weeks, so I will pick some up to try!
Amanda - Yes, there are naturopaths, but I am not made of money, and I unfortunately would have to be to go visit one. I try to restrict visits to them for the REALLY nasty stuff. This is just highly irritating to me. But that's not such a bad idea to try when Brian finally gets out of law school =).
Amy: I'm so sorry that you have a allergy problem. As you know I have had it all my life. I think a graden is the most beautiful thing when you are inside looking out. I can't imagine putting a rose up to your nose and smelling it without just passing out. Ladies those who don't have this problem enjoy everyday that you can feast of the beautiful of the outside world with ease. It is a blessing you don't know how to appreciate.Amy I love your decorating skills. I'm so glad I got to see the head board. It looks so nice and all the little touches that you do makes your home look so inviting. Keep it up.Love Yo'miss granny
Amy: I'm so sorry that you have a allergy problem. As you know I have had it all my life. I think a graden is the most beautiful thing when you are inside looking out. I can't imagine putting a rose up to your nose and smelling it without just passing out. Ladies those who don't have this problem enjoy everyday that you can feast on the beauty of the outside world with ease. It is a blessing you don't know how to appreciate.Amy I love your decorating skills. I'm so glad I got to see the head board. It looks so nice and all the little touches that you do makes your home look so inviting. Keep it up.Love Yo'miss granny
Silly expensive natural healthcare! My naturopath will let me have appointments for fifteen minutes or a half hour, which makes it affordable -- and she also barters for people in education or human services (I think you have to pay at least twenty five dollars, but then can swap something useful -- usually yardwork, which wouldn't work with your allergies at all -- for the rest of the cost)...
One of the advantages to living in an area where *everyone* is poor is that everyone is willing to trade!! I love bartering!!
Hope you feel better --
a.
Post a Comment