Friday, November 30, 2007

Thanksgiving

Having had great success in the past going out of town on a holiday, my parents, granny, Brian, Emma, and I decided to head for the beach for our first vacation in a year and a half! Brian was actually able to take off a full week from his craziness and relax. It was so wonderful to be with him so much!

The trip down started off with many a hitch culminating in locking Granny's keys in her van. We hadn't gotten it packed yet, and we had to call a locksmith. An hour and a half and $90 later, we were on our way. Did you know you can only activate OnStar if you are inside the car?!? I digress. We made it there in decent time and we had a wonderful time. The weather was warm so mom, Emma, and I spent most of the trip on the beach. Mom and I read, while Emma preferred to eat sand and put it in buckets. She was not so keen on the ocean the first day, but the next day she was running to get the waves if they didn't come fast enough. It was so cute! She is fearless, which is going to be great at some point, but for now it gives us all heart attacks! She of course loved having five adoring adults at any given time, and had a fabulous time entertaining us all. She picked up the word More and the word Waffle, and uses the former whenever she can.

Thanksgiving was great. We brought a Honey Baked Ham, a Publix Smoked Turkey Breast, and all the fixings for regular thanksgiving feasting. It was so good, and we could see the beach. What more do I need to say?

We drove back without incident, and this week has been chaos. Brian had class every night this week, so we have hardly seen him. I am so thankful we had all that time last week so we could prepare for this week and next. His semester is officially over, but he still has exams next week. Be praying for him. He has two in one day and he is really really stressed!

On a different note entirely, I have found a store called Steve and Barry's that I absolutely adore. They are going to be opening one at Discover Mills sometime in December and I highly recommend you check it out. I went to the one in Athens and I bought a pair of sneakers for $14.95. They were not on sale, that is regular price. They are high quality, and I ran in them today and they didn't hurt my feet or my back! I am highly impressed! Anyway, off to get stuff done. Have a great weekend.


Emma wearing her Thanksgiving feast.


Our lovely view on Thanksgiving.








9 comments:

s said...

yay! more pictures! i looks like it was beautiful there. such a lovely way to spend thanksgiving. we too were near the beach, but the pacific ocean has nothing on the gulf!

Kelley said...

Where did you vacation?

I've heard great things about Steve and Barry's (We have one here) but haven't tried it yet.

I thought one of OnStar's commercials was about how you could call them up and get your car unlocked - in fact, isn't that one of the Tiger Woods Buick commercials?

The Budget Mommy: said...

You can call them if you have already activated your account. You cannot activate an account unless you are in your car and can press the button. We wanted to activate an account and save the $90, but we couldn't get in the car to press the button! =)

j.j. said...

How frustrating about the van.

I want to go back to that beach! Do we have to wait for another holiday???

The Budget Mommy: said...

Hey I am all for not waiting. I would love to get out of town right this second!

Kelley said...

Gotcha about the On Star.

What beach was this?

The Budget Mommy: said...

Cape San Blas near Port St. Joe. It's on the gulf and absolutely gorgeous!

Kelley said...

I thought those beautiful beaches looked familiar. We always vacation just on the other side of Panama City at Seacrest Beach. We missed our vacation last year because of happenings like Graham and I having a baby and Jack & Julie going to Canada so we are going this year in May. I cannot wait!

Elizabeth said...

Looks really nice, Amy. :-) Emma looks like she had a great time in the ocean. Unbelievable in November!