I was given an iPod Nano for Christmas (yay!!) and I have been listening to podcasts like crazy. They are really fun, super easy to download, and even better...free! You also don't have to have an mp3 player to listen to them, so just download iTunes for free and you can listen to the podcasts on your computer (and soon any mp3 player, not just Apple ones.) I am also noticing that you can download them straight from the website in most cases. Here are some of my favorites.
- Pregtastic - Each podcast is about an hour long. They talk about EVERYTHING pregnancy and postpartum related. It's been like having a bunch more pregnant friends to listen to and get ideas from. It's also been a great reminder to do things I forget about! The link I put up is to their blog which tells you what was talked about in every episode. Give it a look. I have really liked it!
- Pea in the Podcast - These are a good deal shorter, and are done mostly by week. There are a few specialized topics like pregnancy nutrition or labor preparation, but for the most part it's centered on week to week updates. It's fun to listen to, and though I like Pregtastic the best, this one is fun for a quick snippet.
- Mommy's milk and more - About what it seems like it'd be about. Mostly breastfeeding. I haven't listened to this one too much, so I will get back to you in a few months to let you know if it was super helpful for me!
- Potty Mouths - This podcast is devoted exclusively to elimination communication, or infant potty training. I have also not started this one yet, so I will get back with you on how helpful it is!
There are so many fun things out there to listen to. If you don't already, you should check them out!



4 comments:
Oooh, I got an iPod for Christmas too, and it has completely changed my life! Well, that's an exaggeration. But I love it so much! Podcasts are awesome -- I've been really into This American Life and the Woodsongs Old-Time Radio Hour...
Oh and they have all the Wait Wait Don't Tell Me episodes from NPR! They always get us completely cracked up. iPods rock! Where have they been my whole life?!
Now I feel like I should have asked for an iPod for Christmas, too! O well, there's always next year! :) Happy Listening, Ladies!
Oops, I meant to say that it's me: Meredith--I am helpless at leaving comments with my actual identity!
Post a Comment