Thursday, January 08, 2009
Pregnancy Workout Video
I have been using Erin O'Brien's Prenatal Fitness Fix dvd to work out off and on throughout the pregnancy, and I have been very impressed with it. It's a good mix of cardio and stretching and I feel like it's very well-rounded. I used it a lot when I first got pregnant, and now that I am getting back into exercising I have been walking for 20 minutes, doing the 10 minute warm-up, and then skipping straight to the cool down. It's been really nice to have the option of doing it that way, or simply doing the whole dvd at one time. I like yoga and pilates, but I have found most pregnancy yoga dvds to be a little too hokey for my taste, and most pilates to be much harder than I can handle! So this is a nice marriage of the two. A tough workout, but not one that leaves me wondering how I will ever walk again! You can find it on Amazon. She also has postnatal dvd which I intend to check out when I am done. I will let you know what I think, but it's got great reviews on Amazon.



5 comments:
I have not tried it with Brian yet, though it occurs to me that that would be a great idea. I actually completely forgot about that aspect! Thanks for the reminder.
sounds cool. now that I'm feeling better, I need to start exercising!
Most pictures I can think of that show someone working out, show them, well, having a good time. Not exactly accurate. Toss pregnancy into the mix, and I expect its substantially less of a good time. Still, I would think that a pregnant-workout-video thing would similarly depict an unrealistically good time. They definitely didn't take that approach with this picture. She looks miserable. Straining to produce a not-entirely-genuine smile.
Curtis, you cracked me up. c'mon, give her a break. She's like 30 weeks pregnant! Who wants to smile when you're that pregnant anyway, let alone working out?
Exactly! No one wants to be miserable, and working out while one is pregnant is a sure recipe for being miserable. But they surely don't want to advertise that. They need a cover on the video that shows, "working out while you're pregnant is fun and easy" instead of, "if you make me sit on the floor like this for one more second, I'm going to gnaw through your neck. hurry up and take the stupid picture!" But that's just me. :-)
Post a Comment