Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas and pictures

Emma's first Christmas was a flurry of activity. She got to stay up until 9 pm on Friday because Aunt Sarah was around and Emma seems to adore her. Then on Saturday she went to sleep at Nonny and Grumpa's, and we were successfully able to transfer her from there to home without much of a hitch! Ah, the possibilities that opens up! On Sunday, we went to my in-law's house for Christmas Eve, and she received a lot of really cute and useful things, so she was very excited about that. She even got to chew on wrapping paper, and we all know that that makes a holiday wonderful! Then on Christmas day she received what seems to be her all time favorite gift...her own rocking chair. She adores it! She has the flu, but every time I sit her in it she grins and just looks around, proud to be sitting on her own in her own chair. It is adorable! So here, without further ado, is Emma's first christmas in pictures!









9 comments:

j.j. said...

Those pictures of her in the rocking chair are just adorable --what a cutie!
I can't believe we were at that stage just a year ago =)

Elizabeth said...

I can't believe she is sitting up so well! The pics of her Christmas outfit are pretty special. We need a better picture of Sarah and the tot. BTW, has Sarah already left?

Anonymous said...

Amy,

What wonderful pictures! Emma looks adorable in her rocking chair--and what a gorgeous smile!
Glad to hear that you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Happy New Year~

Meredith

Unknown said...

That poor baby has the flu! How sad. She looks like she had a great first Christmas with her fam! The rocking chair was a great gift.

The Budget Mommy: said...

Jen- I was marveling at that myself. I cannot believe that that trip was already a year ago! How time flies!!

Liz - I know what you mean about her sitting up. That has really been in the past week or so. Sarah is still in town, until monday, I think, and more pictures of the two of them will follow =).Oh, any food preferences, dislikes? I have your meal for Saturday...

Stephanie - It is really sad. She got it from her Nonny, and I will spare you the details ,but we know it's the flu. She seems to be doing better now, but it's still hanging on a bit. I am so happy that mom and dad got her that chair. She ADORES it! She has always loved the rocking chair that they have, only it's not so Emma sized, so this was perfect for her.

j.j. said...

Are those her first pair of jeans?!!
Also in the pic of her in her plaid dress - that is a doster facial expression if I ever saw one!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are just tooo cute. I linked my parents to your blog while we were on the phone and they cooed over her for at least 10 minutes. "Wow, in that one she looks just like Mike!" "No, that's more like Nan." "That one's Amy! And Brian! Amy and Brian!" Etc. I remember seeing pictures of you at that stage. It's still just so amazing to me! I am so happy for you guys. Also, I had a quick question, and that is, does Bethany still do photography? I think I remembered seeing her website once, but I can't find it anymore. Jessi asked me if I knew anyone to recommend, so I thought I would send her the website. If you know it, I'd really apprecite it. You can e-mail me (my name at yahoo), if you don't want to publish it on xanga. Thanks! Have a Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

Hey--thanks for the reply. It wasn't much snow--just a dusting, but I'm hoping for lots more!! That's ok--if they're not doing it as a business, I don't want to bother them. Jessi is looking for a full wedding package, I suppose. I just admired her work and thought I would ask. If she's interested, she can e-mail me, but if not, that's ok. Thanks again! I'll post some snow pictures for your vicarious enjoyment if we get anything more significant.

Anonymous said...

What a doll and to think that we get to hold her and just love on her as much as we want. Amy and Brian are so kind to share her with everyone. I love the chair also but my favorite is the one with Brian holding her next to him for everybody to see how her hair matches his and ofcourse those that know me,I did have red hair,but not that beautiful auburn. Mine was a strawberry blond but it was so pretty and I didn't appreciate it until it turned grey.
I hope each of you had a blessed Christmas.Lovingly,Granny