Sunday, May 06, 2007
Poor Ems
Munchkin seems to have contracted an ear infection. I am betting the cause is allergies, both food and enviromental, so I am working on both areas. But I am curious what you have all done to cure such things for your kids. I am not ready to give her an antibiotic by any means. I have given her a few drops of garlic extract and put a hot pad on the ear. Any other ideas?



8 comments:
We did the garlic and mullein drops in ears and also some colloidal silver in the ear as well. I think we also used a Hyland's tablet that is homeopathic the last time. (They take the tablet orally, but they are so soft they just dissolve immediately, so it would not be a problem for Emma.)
You can also try holding her upside down from her ankles. I've heard this can help align them if they are misaligned - but it only works if she will relax and hang there as you hold her. (It worked when Lydia was 6 months, but not the last time as she was much older.)
Hope it helps!
Jen - you are full of such interesting information. I'm sure I'll be able to use this once Lulu comes along.
hehe..it would have worked, i am sure, but Emma wouldnt just hang there. But I have been using the Hyland's brand Ear Infection tablets, as well as their vitamin C and a homeopathic cold and flu thing too. Seems to be working fairly well.
Warmed Garlic Oil in both ears several times a day did the trick for Claire!
Amy-- we use Hydrogen Peroxide for the girls. They have never had to take antibiotics for an ear infection in their lives. You just have her lay on her side, and with an eye dropper put at least 2-3 drops in her ear, and let it sit for about 10 minutes. It will bubble like crazy, and she will probably hate it, but you could entice her with a popsicle or some treat to stay still (reward, not bribe, right?) (o: . When the 10 minutes is up, put a Kleenex or cotton ball in her ear and have her flip her head over to the other side, and while that is draining, you can do the other ear. There is no harm done if there is nothing wrong with the ear-- I just like to do both to be safe. I personally think that this works more quickly than the garlic oil. You can also do this after they have been swimming and it will prevent swimmers ear.
Amy: I can just hear Emma hitting a high C with her great granny.She surely has the mouth structor for it and I'll be working with her to prove it to you for sure.Thnaks for the up grade for all of us. Love Yo'Granny
Amy,I wanted to tell you ladies about an experience I had at Choir rehersal a few monnth back. The Director decided to turn the bomb box on at the end of the time and I was sitting right in front of the speaker. It was so loud that it damaged my left ear.It hurt from the center of my ear to the top of my head on the right side. I finally had to go to the Ear Dr.and he told me not to use peroxide because it dried the ear out. He said never do that but I put a small amount on a q tip and rub it just inside the opening and it has helped but I had to take medicine and it isn't completely heal yet and that has been about 3 months. The Director learned a valuable lesson on loud sounds in a small area. You can certainly do perment damage to your ears with loud music and why take a chance when it is much more pleasant at a lower volume. Well that is my text for today. Love Yo'miss granny
I forgot to reread to correct my mistakes but that's o.k. since you will catch them in a second and you can correct them in your heads if you don't mind.miss granny
Post a Comment