The bag my cat is sticking out of is food that he got really sick from eating. So I have been in a constant search to find something that won't make him sick. Apparently he doesn't like what I have chosen for him! =)Brian is officially done with his first year of law school!!! He got a whopping three days off, and now he has started his summer semester. Thankfully that will be ending at the start of July, so he will get about a month off. Maybe we can finally go to the beach...hmmm..Anyway, he is thrilled to be done, and the one class he was sure he failed he did not, so he can proceed. (I never thought he had, I would just like to say for the record.) He has also started the deacon training classes, so he will be gone three nights a week again, but that's ok. At least he's home for dinner one of those nights.
Emma is doing ok. I thought we had kicked the ear infection, but I think now that we have not. Yesterday she woke up with a high fever that she maintained pretty much all day. She slept almost all day and then all night, and she didn't have any other symptoms at all but that fever. She woke up today with a slightly runny nose, but no fever, thankfully. So I am unsure how to proceed from here. I don't want to hurt her ears, but all the stuff I have heard about antibiotics make me very nervous, so I just don't know. For now, I think I will continue to give her vitamin c, cold and flu drops, and ear ache medication, all of which are homeopathic. I have also given her some more peroxide in her ears. I am praying we can beat this ourselves!!
I am doing well considering. It's been a very busy month, and I have recently taken to not sleeping at night, which I think is lovely. I think once I have had a few more days of calm maybe I will be able to sleep again. I also think I got myself a case of whiplash at six flags. All of the rides were fine except the scream machine, which Brian and I spent the whole ride saying "OUCH!!!!" at every bump. I recall thinking at the time that it was going to hurt later, and all day yesterday I had a pretty awful headache from it all. Oh well...that will be the last time I even so much as LOOK at that ride!! On a much lighter note, I have found a cookbook that I absolutely adore. It's called Healthy Foods by Leanne Ely, and the advice and recipes are great! She has a recipe called Rubber Chicken which gives you three days worth of food off of one baked chicken! I am very impressed with this book and would highly recommend it.
Well. That's that. I will leave you with a picture of my cutie pie from yesterday when her fever came down enough to play for a few minutes. Poor sick baby!!



5 comments:
Aww. Sorry she was sick. What a way to start the week? Sounds like everything else is going well, though! Congrats on finishing year #1. Sorin's finishing up his degree while we're here, too. He had finished it, or so he thought, but long story, never actually took the diploma with him when he left Canada. One phone call later we discover there's a class that they promised to credit to one department that never made it over and the new lady/new policies won't allow. So, he's taking it from here. But, all will be well soon enough! Ahh! I just wish I could fastforward life for a few seconds and peep at the finished product. ;-) But, then I guess that would preclude faith, wouldn't it?
p.s. Did you ever get to try the Daifuku from Trader Joe's? I'm dying to know if it's any good so I can relax about having to import some myself...
I completely forgot! I just went there two weeks ago! I am sorry...hopefully I will remember next time. Don't you just love college credits? What is his major?
well, it waaaas anthropology and business management. finished the anthropology part. the business management part (which turns out to be the more useful--surprise!) he is having to complete. sigh. yes. college credits. i wish i could have handed him a few of my leftovers, but alas! it doesn't work that way. ;-) probably doesn't help that the lady with whom we are dealing (that refused to honor prior policy) is french. yes. french. 'nuff said.
She is doing much better, though it turns out she has Roseola. So if any of your kids get an unexplained high fever then a rash a day or so later, congratulations and I am sorry =).
Post a Comment