Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Zoo, among other things

Today Emma got to go to the Zoo for the first time. She liked it, I think, but she is still just a little too little to appreciate it yet. She really loves animal noises, so she most appreciates the animals she can hear, a la birds. She chirps too when she hears them. She also has a noise that she thinks is barking like Larry(my parent's dog), and she makes another specific noise when she sees our cat. She is fascinated with creatures, but I think a lot of them today were just too far away for her to pick out, and were also foreign to her. So we will try again later, and I am sure she will like it more the next time.

We also got to have our first experience swimming last week! She got a little freaked out in the float, but she loves the water so she enjoys splashing around in the shallow parts. Brian and I took her to the pool again on Monday and she had a blast, again disliking the float. I think she will like it a little better once it gets warmer outside. Emma has started saying real words as well. We can tell that she is now meaningfully saying Dada, Lele (our cat), Mama, Yeah (though not quite like that), and Nanana(which CLEARLY means food.) That last one is what we have decided was her first word. She started saying it two months ago when she was hungry and still does now that she realizes it gets results. I don't know why on earth she is so verbal! Don't know where that came from...

Anyway, life is just movin along for Brian and I. Nothing much to tell so I will leave you with some pictures of the past week or so.











5 comments:

Kelley said...

It does look like y'all have a nice time at the zoo. I'm assuming this was Zoo Atlanta? Greenville has a small zoo which I'm sure we will be visiting over the next few years.

The Budget Mommy: said...

Yep, Zoo Atlanta. It was fun, and not quite as hot as we thought it might be!

Lisa said...

That straw hat is too cute on Emma!

Elizabeth said...

Is that Mima letting Kate suck on Lydia's stroller -- I'm sure THAT'S sterile!

The Budget Mommy: said...

Hehe..oh that. Uh. You weren't supposed to see that. It was all Mima. I had nothing to do with it!