Thursday, May 03, 2007

Our Life

So it's been a while. But I was also without internet until about a week ago, so it's not ALL my fault! We have been doing just fine around here. We chug along and are thankfully reaching the end of Brian's first year of law school!

Brian is loving his job with Andy. He really looks forward to going there, and is sad that it is currently only once a week, though that will be changing in about three weeks. He is learning a lot, and loving working in a christian atmosphere where there isn't competition. He is the most dressed up of the three of them, and Sarina and Andy make fun of him all the time for wearing a suit every day. (Andy MIGHT come in in jeans, which he tells me is a big step up from the sweatpants he used to wear all the time.) They are even joking about having a dress like Brian day. Ah, my overdressed sweetie. He has two exams to go, one of which is tonight, and then he is free for about two days. Then he starts his summer semester, but it will only be two nights a week, so that's NOTHING. Never again will we have a semester as bad as this has been. Four or five nights a week with him gone has been very nearly unbearable, but it's OVER now!!

Emma is doing great. Since her awful well baby visit I have grown more bold in trying new foods. She seems to have just passed the hump, and I can pretty much feed her anything. She eats mostly finger foods now, though I usually give her some form of baby food too just to be sure she is full and getting all that she needs. She can eat wheat with no problems at all, and she ate chick-fil-a with me yesterday! My life just got SOO much simpler! And since she is finally eating carbs, she is chunking up nicely. Brian was joking that they are going to chew me out at the doctor because Emma will have gained too much weight. Ah well, I can't ever make them happy, so I won't even try. My sister came to visit a few weeks back, and she was showing Emma how to work her push toy(which I had been trying to show her for a while, by the way). The next day at home, Emma crawled right up to ours and started using it perfectly. So now she pushes that around like crazy and walk/crawls all over the place. She is into EVERYTHING, and has also dropped the frequency of her naps. She says "nanananana" when she is hungry, and rubs her eyes to mean either tired or hungry (which is so much fun to guess which is which!), and says mamam and dadada. She doesn't QUITE get who those are aimed at yet, but she is so close. I could say a million and one things about how she is growing, but I cannot remember them all! She has five teeth fully in. She is so curious about everything and is so joyful! She just goes full tilt until she collapses for a nap. And lastly, we went to the park yesterday to celebrate Eden's 2nd birthday, and there was a fountain where tons of kids were playing. It never even occurred to me to bring a bathing suit for either of us, but I figured we could play anyway. She had a blast! She splashed the water all over us and thought it was hilarious. She would even start to reach for the water then anticipate the splash and pull back and giggle before she got wet. It was so adorable! We will be going back, but with bathing suits next time.

I am very well. I am so looking forward to summer with its swimming and cookouts and possible vacations. Just having Brian home more will be great! I just putter along and have quite a full plate between Bible study and watching Kate! I love to be busy, so it's right up my alley. I cannot think of anything more to say about me, so I will leave you with a million pictures since I am woefully behind!















3 comments:

j.j. said...

I love that picture with the cat looking out the window together. Too cute!!

Elizabeth said...

That's my favorite, too. :-)

Anonymous said...

Emma is cute in all of them! Glad you got Internet back! =)

-Mandy