Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A long long day

Today started with a trip to Starbucks that yielded not my usual mocha, but a hot chocolate that definitely had no caffeine. I realized this when I was far far away though I needed it so desperately.
So Emma and I went on to her well baby visit which went considerably better than the last. This was probably because the doctor actually listened to me, and yeah even believed me when I said Emma is allergic to rice, bananas, and dairy in too high a quantity. She suggested a trip to an allergist, and also, MUCH to my dismay an Epi Pen.
So I went to the pharmacy to pick one up and was informed that one dose is $70. Mind you, if it were going to save my child's life then there is no price for that and I would never forgive myself if something happened to her and I hadn't bought the thing. The problem was, the only one they had expired in three months! So I bought it, walked into the entry area, and decided to check it by Brian. He told me we need to buy one, but not to buy that one and just get one that expires a year from now instead. So I went back and asked to return it. 5 minutes tops had elapsed, and I was sitting in front of a guard that whole time, by the by. The women I asked about returning it to chewed me out and made me want to burst into tears! I WAS BUYING AN EPI PEN FOR A 1 YEAR OLD. That was upsetting to me!!! When she FINALLY brought me a receipt, I asked for a copy of the RX and she snidely told me I could call to get it. So I somewhat strongly looked her right in the eye and said "OK OK." in a tone that made her startle and hopefully realize what a jerk she was being to me though I was never mean to her at all.
So I am on the phone with Brian and he tells me "Don't get worried but..." and I can feel my shoulder start to get more tense. Apparently there are some troubles with my car situation that I thought was completely taken care of. We are just having to figure out a way to make some things work, it was just a bad moment to tell me.
And intermittently in all of this, I have been trying to deal with the Mother's Bible Study tomorrow. And I KEPT sending the wrong stinking date out on the email!!!! I did it twice!! And then tonight I sent another email and I messed it up AGAIN, only this time I SAID I had checked it and I knew it was right this time! The HUMANITY!!!
But there were some bright spots. I went back to the Starbucks and they made me a new drink and gave me a card for a free one. And I also got to do a market research study and get paid $75 to talk about panty liners for 45 minutes. So that wasn't too bad. But I think after all of that, I am ready to go to bed and sleep. I think this day has been long enough. Pray that Emma has no attacks of any kind!! I don't want to ever have to use that epi pen. It's one $70 I don't mind wasting!!!!

5 comments:

Kelley said...

What a day. The one good thing I can say is usually days that bad get all the un-fun stuff over and done with in one fell swoop. I think that's easier than having day after day after day of frustration.

The market research study made me laugh although I'm not sure I could talk about panty liners for 45 minutes....they line panties...what more do they want to know? :-)

j.j. said...

Poor Amy! What a day. At least you can vent about it on your blog...that sometimes helps =)I hope you never need the EpiPen -- are there RX's for those things?
What is happening with your car? Will you trade in and lease something else?
Have fun discussing every detail of panty liners!! You should have some amusing stories after that is over =)

The Budget Mommy: said...

Apparently they do have rx's for Epi Pens. At least with my insurance they do. I still need to go back and get one!
As for my car, we are planning on turning it back in. We had another one lined up to use until we really got on our feet but it's looking more and more like that's falling through, so we are having to scramble to deal with the situation.
The discussion was hilarious and only slightly disconcerting. There was one of those one way glass walls so someone was on the other side watching the whole thing. I really didn't like that too much. Other than that, it was simply 5 of us discussing a product that I don't think will do too well if they release it as is. But hey, it paid for a kickin date night which we haven't had in a LONG time!

Anonymous said...

I must ask...panty liners? How did you land that? Thanks, btw, for your recent comments on my blog! It's nice to log in and see them first thing in the morning. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I loved the spa thing,Amy. Thanks to you,Megan and Bethany for putting it together. I slept like I had been drugged and my feet felt so wonderful. I hope I want miss the next one if you do it again. The big thing that I enjoyed the most is just being with you YOUNG LADIES and hearing you talk about everyday stuff. I love you all dearly. Granny