Well, Emma and I have returned from our three day adventure. We left on Tuesday around 10 in the morning without incident, and were making very good time. We stopped for lunch and gas around noon, and then continued on our journey north(or whatever direction it was...west maybe?). We were flying when we came to a screeching halt in Murfreesboro. Now for those of you who don't know, I have been to this very city before, and it was a WEIRD experience. So here I am, stuck on 24 west, in a city where weird things had already happened to me before. Emma is screaming, because she is no longer happy to be in her car seat, and I am ticked, because I am only an hour away from my destination. So we sat. And we sat. And we sat. I moved 1/4 mile in an hour. Finally we got to what turned out to be a HUGE wreck. They were routing traffic over a bridge and around back onto the highway, which was what was taking so long. Needless to say, I did not even attempt to obey the speed limit for a while.Lynzi called to ask where I was, and she told me I was about a half hour away. I asked if it would take that long if I were going 90, and she said no. She was right. It only took me 20.
We arrived, happy to be out of the car, and Emma played some. She really was enjoying her first time in KY, so much so that she just had to go to sleep! Lukas got home a little while later, and he got to stay with her while Lynzi and I went to a Bible study on Post. It was the first time I have ever been around soldiers, and it was really interesting. I was truly struck by the fact that these are the people who are fighting this war. They have friends dying, and this is their life. It truly is a whole different world, and I enjoyed observing. I could never be a military wife. I am just not cut out for it. Anyway, then we went out for drinks because we could, and then went home to go to bed.
The next day, Emma and I went with Lynzi to her doctor's appt. While in the waiting room, a woman who was leaving started talking to Emma. This was one of the largest women I have ever seen, and when she started talking, I was unsure whether or not it was a man. She clearly smoked. I was scared for Emma, who did not smile. Her appt. went fine, and then we headed back to give Emma a nap. After that we went to a friend's house on Post to watch What Not To Wear, which Lynzi had never seen. I thought that was a travesty, so I insisted we had to go. We had a good time, and I was most amused to discover that her friend is me, only blond. She owned the same boots I had on, she had the same Southern Living items I have, and she loves polish pottery. It was very strange. Emma needed a real nap by now, so we headed back for the rest of the day. We took it easy, then Lynzi made dinner and Lukas came home. I introduced them to Speed Scrabble, and I just barely beat Lynzi by 6 points. Lukas was holding his own very well until he got stuck with the x,y,q, and some others. But he was a good sport, and we had a good time. Then we all went to bed.
Emma kept me up pretty much all night because she wanted to see how long I could drive on 2 hours of sleep. Evidently I can drive 5 hours, but that is with caffine. Anyway, she got up for real around 6:30, and then went back down for a nap. Lynzi and I talked until it was time to go, just before 10, and then I went to load the car. To my surprise, it was snowing! It was soooo cold. Emma got to see her first snow, and that was very exciting (more for me than her). We said our goodbyes, and sadly left Kentucky. I was making VERY good time (pace cars going 90 are always really great), and then I decided I needed gas. I kept passing up good exits until I finally knew that if I didn't stop, I was going to run out of gas. I saw a sign for Chick-fil-a, and since those are usually in highly populated areas, I decided to stop there. And wouldn't you know it, it was in Murfreesboro. And I of course had to have a weird experience there to keep up tradition, so that's just what I did. We went into Chick-fil-a, and there was a weird Santa there for you to take pictures with. He came up to me and started talking to and touching Emma. She was not smiling at him, either. And then he said "Let me hold her for you while you get your food." I almost slugged him, and the look that must have jumped on my face must have told him that. I politely told him that I had gotten really good at juggling things, and thanks but not on your life, buddy. He didn't bother us again. Do I have "Stupid" written on my forehead? He was three feet from the doot, and all he had to do was run. Anyway, we then got gas, and it was snowing like crazy. Thankfully, the roads were not icey, and I never had to worry about that. Anyway, we got home in very good time from there, and I was soooo glad to be out of the car.
Random bit of info...you can pick up WSB in the middle of TN still. Who even knew? Oh, and I forgot to say that when Lukas watched Emma, he was so sweet. He told me when we got back that she scared him because she was the quiest sleeper in the world. He said he had to put his head right near hers to make sure that she was breathing. I thought that was adorable, since Brian used to do the same thing. Anyway...
On Tuesday night, Emma woke up at 5:45 as has been usual lately, and I fed her. She went back to sleep, and I lay awake wondering why it is that she had been continuing to do this lately. Then it occured to me that she was probably ready for solids. I don't know why it always takes me three weeks to realize that she is ready for something, but I'm a little dense. Anyway, I went to the store today and got bibs, bowls, spoons, and rice cereal. Mom and Granny came over, and we video taped Emma's first time eating solids. Since it wasn't digital, I am unsure how to post it here, but I got a lot of stills and those are cute enough. She loved it! She wanted more, and ate all of what I gave her! So since it went over so well, I am officially ready to start giving it to her at dinner too. I hope this means I can sleep all night again. It would make me most happy =). So that's that. My baby girl is getting older, and I cannot believe how time as flown. She is already 5 months old! Anyway. I am having a great deal of trouble posting pictures, so I will post those later when blogger is cooperating more.



1 comments:
I know! I cannot believe how time has flown!
Post a Comment