Emma used to be a VERY good sleeper. Even if she wasn't all that tired when I put her down, she would play for a little while and then go right to sleep. Sometimes she would cry for a little bit, but she would always go right to sleep. Now, whenever I put her down, she SCREAMS. and screams. and then screams some more. Last night she screamed for 30 minutes or so. I don't have any clue as to what might be wrong. Could she be trying to see if I will come and get her? Is she mad that I put her down and is just letting me know? I know she is tired, but she just fights it! Any input would be great, because I am at the end of my rope about it.
Leo has decided that he can claw up my pantry. Those of you who have been to my house know that I have a nice set of cabinets that my Dad built that I use as my pantry. Leo knows where I keep his food, and now tries to get into that door all the time, even when he has plenty of food. He has also started jumping on the counter all the time which he never used to do, and everytime I put Emma down for a nap he goes to her door and meows so loud my neighbors can hear it, and throws himself into her door to try to get in. He never used to do this either! Is it me? am I going crazy? or are my two children conspiring to drive me so? Oh well. If this keeps up, I will have a cat who thinks he's a human to give away. Anyone interested? He loves to get in the way!








10 comments:
I just love the green dress it is so cute.
deborah
You have one cute baby. I know that's not much consolation when you're sleep deprived but . . .
I have four strays cats to give away. They've decided our bushes are the best hideout/litter box. It wouldn't be that bad except for three things:
1 - They love to taunt our dogs by sitting on the front or back porches where the dogs can see but not get to them. This causes the dogs to go wild which annoys me.
2 - The litter box smell near my shrubs - need I say more.
3 - Dolly picked up an intestinal worm recently and this worm is generally a result of fleas but as she is on a preventative and I've never seen a flea on her she probably picked it up from the cats. The cats now owe me 40 bucks for the de-wormer.
Okay, at least my cat isn't costing me money right this minute...just my sanity.
AMY!!! She is soooo soooo cute!!!Especially the one with her grandma. I love the green outfit, and her cute little tights...SO ADORABLE!!! She is looking more like her dad now.
oh Amy - I feel your pain. Guess you didn't get the memo that this is the initiation into Mommyhood. You see, they wait until after that teeny tiny cutesy wootsy newborn stage and then WAM! =)It must be God's way of seeing if you are cut out for the long haul. =) I know it seems like an eternity when you are in phases like these, but try to adjust and do some trial and error and I bet she will be back to sleeping in no time - and Mommy back to sanity. Sometimes my girls just needed something as simple as a nap dropped/shortened or 30 min later bedtime, etc. As long as we didn't run to their rescue when they cried at nap/bed time, they soon got back in the groove.
As far as the cat -- you well know I have little affections for them, so I will spare poor Leo my recommendations. =) Kiss Emma!
Steph - I couldn't sign in for some reason
I am sorry i am posting again, but I will again. The last picture with her dad, ohhhhh, just so cute!!! Also, i am very sorry you had a bad week. I hope today will be a better one for one.
-Mandy
p.s I couldn't log in either.
Sorry again, i meant "I hope today will be better one for you." Not for one.
-Mandy
Yeah it's amazing how often it's something so small that we completely overlook it. She seems to be doing a little better now, but is still not 100%. Go figure. Maybe it was the rice cereal. We'll just try something else =). She is still cute as all get out. I just wish she'd be a little less dramatic, though that may be too much to ask considering who her mother is.
Thank you Mandy...things are much better. I have had some sleep! Maybe next time Emma will be around and you'll get to hold her.
Yeah!!!! =)
Her Christmas outfit is completely adorable -- the tippie toes are the frosting on the cake.
Post a Comment