Sunday, December 17, 2006

Trader Joes, Tupperware, and Other Things

Friday, mom and I loaded Emma up in the car and went to the opening of Trader Joe's. It was fun and exciting, and everything I had hoped that it would be. I just want them to put one closer to me. So does Emma...all the driving makes her tired =).





Today I decided I would clean out my Tupperware cabinet. I had thought it would take a matter of minutes to organize it, but as I got it all out, I realized just how wrong I was. As you can see, I managed to fit an obscene amount of the stuff in a cabinet I had no idea was quite that large. Worry not. There will be PLENTY of Tupperware at the church soon, compliments of me. I got rid of tons of it, and I still have tons. Oh well. At least I have a little more cabinet space.


Also today, I embarked on a mission to make Emma's food. I purchased a butternut squash from Trader Joe's, and I steamed it for her. I was so very proud of myself! And even better, she loved it!

I got to hold baby Kate today, and as I held her, I was struck by how tiny she is. And it made me sad. Emma is not quite 6 months old and she has already changed from that so much. I tried so hard to hang on to those moments when she was tiny, and they slipped away from me. Now I cannot keep her in one place, she is eating solids, and she jabbers nonstop. Before I know it, she'll be all grown. I am thankful for her, and I am thankful God gave her to me. I just wish she could stay little just a little bit longer. I am also looking forward to what's ahead, though. I had so much fun with the girls I watched. We went everywhere and did all sorts of fun things. It's exciting to know that that's just around the corner for us. Anyway. I know that was sappy. I just cannot believe how the moments fly.

I leave you with pictures of my sweeties. The first picture is of her enjoying the squash I made for her. The second is of her scarfing up prunes. Who knew that she would be a vacuum cleaner. She'll eat anything, it seems! (for which I am sooooo thankful!)




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHH!!! She is so cute in all the pictures!!! (Except the tupperware one.) =) The picture with her dad is the best one!!! SO cute!!!

-Mandy

Anonymous said...

Haha -- I totally tried to organize my tupperware cabinet a few months back, and discovered I had managed to save up something like twenty of those big yogurt containers. The silly part is that I never, ever use those things for anything, but I eat so much yogurt and I feel bad about all the wasted plastic. So I started giving it out to friends and recycling the rest.

And it's so much fun to be watching Emma "grow up" from afar -- I'm so glad you keep writing about her! She'll have so much fun reading this blog when she's older.

love amanda.

Kelley said...

I too have problems keeping my Tupperware cabinet organized. I get it all looking nice and pretty and not 1 week later it's starting to get back to the old state. Julie's nephew Benjamin is also a fan of prunes. Babies are so silly! :-P

Elizabeth said...

Two tupperware tips:
I used to store all of my tupperware bottoms and tops separately. I put my tops in one of those lid organizers and it seemed to do the job nicely.
Now, however, I have decided to store tops & bottoms already attached. That way I don't have a bunch of solo tops or bottoms. It also eliminates the 10 minute search for the proper top and/or bottom. Then, I stack similarly shaped plasticware on top of one another. It's Lydia's favorite cabinet in our kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Tupperware was the worst for packing up and moving last year. The stuff just doesn't fit inside, outside, between, on top of or underneath anything else in the kitchen! By the way, you know you'll soon discover you badly need one or two of the ones that you gave away? Always happens. Just like that huge bag I lug around. The second it's out of reach... :-)

Anonymous said...

Yay for Trader Joe's!!! I'm so happy for you guys! Oh - and Emma is so precious.

Anonymous said...

My tupper wear story is when my first husband,Paul, and our boys,Mike and Dan, went on our first camping trip with another couple who had two boys,Mack and Danny.Volina and I decided that we needed a lot of tupper wear so we got all we had and borrowed some of her Mother's for a 3 day camping trip. We hardly had room for our family with all that tupper wear that we just knew we would need for our left overs that we never seem to have. That was when tupper wear first came out and I stil have some in my cabinet that I haven't used for 30 years. Just throw it away because by this time if I haven't needed it I want need it in the future. It does get passed using. I know the Tupper wear company wouldn't appreciate my advice.
You'all isn't my great grandaughter the most gorgeous thing in the whole wide world. No all of you have lovely babies and I love them all. Granny

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say what a handsome father Emma has.Did you notice the color of his hair how it matches Emma's? He is a great Dad and Emma is blessed to be born to Brain and Amy. Would you think that I'm a thankful great granny? I am.