Saturday, December 02, 2006

Round Here

Sorry to Emma's adoring public for the long delay in posting. I've been busy. Emma celebrated her first Thanksgiving in style, partying so hard she had to go to sleep at 6:15! Okay, that's when she always goes to sleep, but she still had a good time for the hour she was around for celebration. I think Thanksgiving will mean more to her when she can actually eat it, but that's just my thought on the matter. I am pondering starting her on solids in a couple of weeks. She is grabbing everything near her, and is extremely interested in what I eat. I figure with two teeth, she's ready. I am sure there will be great pictures of that =). Other than that, all is well. Emma had another cold this past week, but since I had medicine on hand when she started sniffling, I was able to stave off the worst of it thankfully. She has also officially moved on to size 3 diapers, and those fit perfectly. Hopefully those will fit perfectly for all 104 I have of them =).

Brian turned in his paper last week, so now he only has two exams to go. He has been studying like crazy, and I think he is really looking forward to the end of the semester. I am getting spoiled by his being home all the time again, however I was shocked to learn that I have to cook for every meal now! I don't think that's very fair, but I suppose I can handle it if it means he's home.

I am doing well. I am on fire to get this house decorated, and am starting the painting process. Unfortunately all my painting pals are pregnant, which I am taking personally. Oh well, I will manage somehow =). Emma and I are headed up this week to visit Lynzi in Kentucky, which we are very excited about (okay, Emma doesn't know yet, but I am SURE she will love it)! Brian and I got the christmas tree last night, and as you will see, it has it's lights and one ornament that Emma helped me put on.

I feel like all of that seemed rushed. I am sorry if it seemed that way to you too. Maybe my next post will be more organized and detail filled. I am just too tired to remember much of what's happened this past week. I will end with a few new pics of my sweet girl.


Taking a walk with mommy! It was very cold that day...


Showing off Emma's first ornament


I know you can't see her face, but I think it's so cute that she sucks her thumb and grabs whatever she can with her other hand!




Emma's Uncle Dax caught this cute one at Thanksgiving

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Get copies of the last one and spread them with joy! I see a Christmas card coming on!

j.j. said...

The last pic, especially, is a winner!! I can't believe she is in size 3 diapers...Lydia is still wearing that size! Crazy.

Unknown said...

I know you are enjoying the holidays with Emma! Have a fun time seeing Lynli - Give us the updates.

The Budget Mommy: said...

I cannot believe she is that size either, but they fit her just right. It may be the type of diaper too. I think after this batch, I will switch to luvs, but I still get tons of pampers coupons, so who knows.

I would make holiday cards with that pic if I still had time. I should have done it right when you suggested it, but then I went out of town so...

j.j. said...

Don't despair! There is still time to do holiday cards. Hey, mine aren't even close, but I refuse to give in just yet!

Anonymous said...

amy,
i LOVE the last one!!! she is sooo cute!!!!.
beth