Friday, February 23, 2007

Consignments and Paint

Mom and I began painting my dining room last Friday morning. We had several setbacks causing us to be unable to finish the job in a day, but we had a lot of fun, and the end product looks great, in my opinion! I am really happy with the color, and am looking forward to tackling the kitchen and living room next! I am sorry I don't have a pictures of the finished dining room yet. It's coming...






In the middle of painting, we took a break to go to a consignment sale in the neighborhood adjoining ours. We got a lot of great toys which is what she really needs these days, and I am always a fan of getting a great deal on stuff like that. Which speaking of, I am reposting the link to the consignment website I had up last year. It's about that time again, and so many of you are pregnant that I figured you might want to see it again. There is one particular sale in early march that I have liked every time I have gone to, so if anyone wants to tag along with me, you are more than welcome. Call me for the specifics!

Emma's fourth tooth is just about to break through, and she looks like a vampire! But a very cute vampire. On Tuesday I had baby Kate on the floor on a play mat and Emma wanted to play with her. I was worried she would scratch Kate again, so I grabbed the nail clippers and was clipping her nails so she could do no harm. On the very last one, which just so happened to be the thumb that she sucks, I clipped the skin on accident. She started howling, I was practically crying because I had hurt her, and then I noticed it was bleeding. I kept thinking it would stop, but it kept bleeding for nearly three hours. My shirt, her outfit, her crib sheet, two burp cloths, a towel and her bear friend all looked like they had been at a crime scene. There was blood everywhere! By the time poor Liz got back, Kate was crying but I couldn't put Emma down because she would scream, and she was still bleeding! She finally stopped, and when I got to talk to an advice nurse, she told me to put Neosporin and a band aid on it...right. So when I told her Emma was 7 1/2 months old, and that was the thumb she sucked, she said "I wish I knew what to tell you to do." All in all, I will be mentioning this to the doctor when we go in for the next well baby. I am curious if she has some minor clotting disorder...three hours is a LONG time for a very small cut! And that was the last time I ever clip her nails....

Brian has been sick for well over a week, but he finally seems to be getting over it. He just has no voice, which isn't exactly helpful when you are a teacher. But thankfully this has been a good two weeks to be sick, school wise. He hasn't gotten behind on work, and so he hasn't had to stress about it. And I have managed to sidestep being sick at all, for which I am very thankful. I think if all three of us were sick I would have no idea what to do!

Well, I think that brings everyone up to speed. I leave you with these cute pics of my kiddos.. Leo has become a big fan of getting under our covers. Too cute!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I love the color in the dining room! It looks great!

I hope everyone is feeling better at your house soon!

:) Meredith

Kelley said...

The dining room looks quite lovely. I'm sorry about poor Emma's finger. I'm sure she'll be fine and will not suffer any ill effects. This is really a shot in the dark but maybe since she was upset her blood pressure was up a bit and kept her from clotting?

We have a consignment store very close to our house that has nice stuff. The prices normally aren't phenomonal but at the end of each season they put everything 1/2 off and I have gotten some great deals for my friends with children. My all time favorite buy was a Strausburg smocked dress (the kind that retail for 100+) for 12.50. It was a bit extravagant when you consider everything else I bought was 2 and 3 bucks but it was so beautiful I couldn't pass it up.

I love the picture of Leo. He's so funny and looks VERY comfy.

Elizabeth said...

cute pic of Leo. He looks so comfy. What I love is the pic of Emma and the animal cracker bear. Right above her head is Leo's buns! Classic!

The Budget Mommy: said...

My poor cat has it so hard...

It's actually a sale in a neighborhood not far from here. I have never been to the one at the fairground, and I really don't like the idea of such large crowds! I do have a friend who goes both times they have it though. It's not for the faint of heart =).