Emma went to the doctor today for a whole body rash she's been having. Evidently it's quite common and viral, so there is nothing I can do about it. She has been a sweetie though! She really hasn't complained about it at all, she has just decided to start getting me up earlier =). Then Brian got sick too, so it spawned me to scrub my whole house. I am still working on the kitchen, but I am tired and I need a break, so I am goofing off here =). Emma has also tried and LOVED chicken soup, so our list of foods she can tolerate just got a lot longer. And the best part of all is that there was no butternut squash at all!! This is progress! I can make soup a LOT more quickly than I can make squash, and it's a whole lot less messy. So anyway, I am a happy camper.
Kate has been great, sleeping most of the time like a trooper! The batteries in the swing died yesterday, however, so I had to improvise with the bouncy seat. She loved it! She hung out wide awake in it for a long time, and Emma had a great time playing with her, as you will see. She got so excited she decided to scratch Kate before I could stop her(sorry Liz!), but she was just so happy to have a friend!



I have completely moved around everything in my living room to accommodate our piano, and I am quite happy with the results. Next up, mom and I will be painting the dining room and getting the dining room table in! We will finally have a dining room after 3 years of marriage!!!


As for valentine's day, we had planned on going to lunch since Brian has class tonight, but he woke up feeling very sick, so he ended up sleeping through most of the day. Honestly, though, we both forgot to get cards or gifts. It's just been so crazy around here that I think neither of us have time to worry about it! Next year had better be really good though =).
Well, as usual I had so many clever things to say, and by the time I got to typing all of them were gone. The story of my life... So I hope all is well with everyone for now I am off to fall asleep on the couch.



5 comments:
Good job on the living room, chica. And I'm glad Emma and Kate get to be buds.
I think it is going to be good for both Kate and Emma to hang out together on a frequent basis.
Can't wait to see how the painting turns out..you know I love getting paint on the walls. I am itching to do some here at my house...we'll see if Ben allows me to paint pregnant!
Amy; The pictures are adorable. I'm so glad that Emma is on my screen saver and Nan puts a different one often. I don't knon how to do that. It is good that Emma has a play mate and all of you remember how special a friend can be. I love seeing you all enjoy each other and have for so many years. You all have grown up right before my eyes and I'm so thankful for that. You have brought so much joy to my life. Keep up the good work in keeping in touch and watching all these precious babies grow. I have friend's who stated to work with me in l946 and we had our families and are still fast friends today more than 50 years later.They live in different parts of the country,Sara Soda,Fla.,Dayton,Ohio,Charlotte,NC,Conyer,Ga and we still stay in touch. Keep up the good works. Love Yo'All dearly,Granny
The living room really looks great. Each day I walked into the house this week, Amy had changed things around. I can't wait to see the paint on the walls.
And, the paint looks awesome! I hope she gets a pic posted soon so you can all enjoy the huge difference it has made in the house. I will say that she made a brave choice on the dining room, and it REALLY PAID OFF!
Post a Comment