


Well, last week my hubby suggested we take a trip this weekend before everything starts up. Everything being Law School on Monday and Geneva starting back a week from Monday. He had to twist my arm, but I finally agreed to go out of town. It was so hard for me =). So we loaded up the car and headed up for Emma's first weekend away from home. It was wonderfully pleasant. At first I felt bad, because we mostly hung out at the hotel and just goofed off. But sometime yesterday I realized that it felt great not to have the phone ringing off the hook, and not to have to worry about dishes and laundry. I was able to...relax. For the first time since Emma was born,I talked on the phone only three times in three days. I didn't even have to charge my phone!! So you get the point. We walked around the city a lot, and ate yummy food which I think made my baby feel sick. Ah well, it couldn't be perfect. All in all, it was a fun trip. We had a relaxing drive home, and now we are back. Alas, back to the real world.



11 comments:
If you ever make a trip back up to Asheville, let us know. We're right on the way and would love to see you and meet your husband and baby. :-)
Sounds like alot of fun!! The pictures are great!
Lois
Sounds like A LOT of fun, Amy! Did Emma sleep ok in the pack n play? Good job to Brian for suggesting such a great idea! That is what husbands are for.
Hey Aimes. It was good to get your message on xanga. Don't worry about not calling back. I TOTALLY understand...well, I don't, cuz I've not had a baby, but I can imagine that I think I understand. All said, no worries. Your baby is precious and I am quite jealous and I do admire you. I don't think I'm ready for that responsibility. I dream about it every so often, though and I'm glad to live somewhat vicariously through your pictures! All's well here and we do appreciate your prayers. The only thing missing from this beautiful countryside is a church. The closest one is over 2 hrs away by car. I haven't the slightest how far it is by train! This last weekend we were too exhausted from jet lag and moving in to try the trek. I hope I'll hear something about some home church or Bible study, but it looks dim. But, our being here was quite providential, so I know God has a plan and our family and friends' prayers will definately keep us going. I hope that you will continue doing well and I'll try to keep up with your blog!
Kelley, I am sure we will make the trek back sometime soonish. This is the second time we have gone there and we love it. It just may take some time for Brian to get a break ever again =).
Liz, Emma slept great in the pak n play...which was great since we were all sharing a room. She slept so great in fact, that I put her down at 11:30 one night, and she woke up after we started making tons of noise after 9 the next morning.(but I paid for that Saturday. She missed an entire feeding, and was intent on making up for it...)I agree that it was a great idea. I may have to keep Brian around, because he's good at coming up with those ideas.
Dad, you're crazy...Emma is WAY cuter than you.
Anna, I pray that you will find a church. That is such a big thing, as you well know, so I hope that you guys find something soon. Being a mom is harder than I thought it would be, but mostly because I didn't know what it would be like to take care of my OWN child. She is technically my 6th child =), which is why diaper changing and all of those basic things are no big deal. But because she is my own, it's hard to just let her cry or put her down. Anyway, all said, I love her to pieces, and I really love this job of mine =). I just miss my sleep...
Sorry for long delays in response. Smart me wasn't refreshing the page, so I wasn't seeing any comments..lalala
Amy,
Glad to hear you guys got away for a couple of days before Brian's schedule gets crazy. (I've never been to Asheville, but I'd really like to go sometime.)I was glad to hear that Emma did so well on her first trip!! As you may (or may not remember!) from first-hand experience, Lydia was sick everytime we went out of town until this past MN vacation. Sick babies away from home are not fun. And good sleep (for mama and baby)makes all the difference in the world!
=)
You only think it's boring because it doesn't interest you.
Emma is beautiful. But the layout on your webpage needs some work. =] You should lay out the text above & below images, not around. Some of us have small monitors!
I am getting impatient for more pictures of your angel...more baby now!
Amy: I don't know how to get through to your blog. I'll try again. The pictures are super. Love Yo'Granny
Amy: I had written about what wonderful parents you and Brian are and it didn't get published. I don't know if this will or not.I'll see. Love Yo'granny
Amy: It seems that I'm getting pretty savy at this. Hummmmmmmmmm Love Yo'Granny
Post a Comment