Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Life as unusual

I think it amusing to note that it has been overcast and threatening rain all day. It is finally no longer overcast, and it is pouring outside. I am intrigued. That said, I guess it's time for an update.

Brian started law school as well as teaching at Geneva this week. He LOVES law school, as if there were any question that he would. Thankfully, two of his professors have stressed multiple times that the student's spouses are not going to law school as well. Therefore they won't be interested in the finer points of their cases, nor will they appreciate being argued with for practice. I love his professors =). Brian is floating on clouds after two days of class, and cannot wait to finish his work so he can do his homework. He used to be excited to finish his work so he could spend time with me. Ah, how the tables turn =). For all my joking, though, I am so thankful it is so far what he had hoped. We will be sacrificing much, and I would hate for him to think he'd made a mistake. So far though, I don't think that's the case. I mean who WANTS to do homework?!

Emma is doing VERY well. I am convinced she grows inches during her naps. She is completely out of newborn outfits and diapers. She will be 7 weeks old tomorrow, and is a much happier baby than in the first two or three weeks. She has even started cooing, and loves to smile at everyone.She did have her first run in with a fire ant, though I am not sure if it was last night or yesterday evening. I was looking at her hand today and I realized there were at least 8 fire ant bites. I wanted to cry, and I am currently working on tracking the ant down. He will pay. All in all, she is doing great, and Brian and I are so very thankful. Unfortunately, I dont have too many pictures to share. But here are a few just the same. I promise I will try to take more, but I've been busy. It's amazing how messy a house can get when only two big people and one little person live in it. Maybe it's all Leo's fault. Anyway, here you go...


I had just gotten finished pulling her blankets off, calling her name, making lots of noise, and patting her back. It should also be noted that she had been asleep almost 8 hours...Ah, to be able to sleep like that again.

Brian, off to his first day of law school


Little Ems with her daddy

As you can see, Leo has it VERY hard. Man. Forget wanting to sleep like Emma. I want to be able to sleep like Leo. Except for maybe not all contorted like that. I think I would end up in the hospital if I got all folded up like that.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Amy, I have this mental image of you scouring your house with a magnifying glass to find the ant that dared to touch your baby. :-) I'm glad Brian is enjoying law school although I can understand enjoying homework - at least the fun stuff in your major. I generally enjoyed my programming assignments.

The Budget Mommy: said...

nobody bites my baby...they must die!
I have never liked homework of any kind. Guess that's why I am not the one in law school =).