Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It's been a while

So sorry to Emma's adoring public for the long silence. A lot has been happening around here, and I hadn't had time to update you on my cute little girl.

Emma has been doing wonderfully, though unfortunately has a little acne right now. At her first doctor's appt., she weighed 6lbs 15oz, which was only down 2 oz. from her birth weight. At her second doctor's appt., she was already up to 8lbs 4.5oz., so she is growing wonderfully. She had also already grown an inch! I think she is also going through a growth spurt right now, so she seems to be growing like a weed. We are very thankful for her good health and growth. Both are very encouraging to Brian and me. She has also started smiling at us! She gave my dad a HUGE smile about a week ago, and every once in a while since then we can coax one out of her. She is having a wonderful time exploring her new world, and loves to look around.

Brian has been so busy with work lately. We realized last night that he literally has not had a break since Emma was born. When he comes home on Friday, he spends time with us, but he works all day Saturday. We are so thankful for the work though, so we really cannot complain. It will just be nice if someday he doesn't have to be gone all the time.

Well, here are some recent pictures...hope you enjoy =)





Shockingly STILL a redhead



Almost finding her thumb...



Being a good sleeper for her Mommy


We discovered that Leo LOVES balloons

We are quite certain she is trying to talk =)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a precious little munchkin she is!! I would love to squeeze on her, and I love the red hair!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL~~!!!

Anonymous said...

I absolutley love Emma