Saturday, September 16, 2006
Again? Really?
My dishes were all backed up again yesterday, and I didn't want to eat out because I am determined not to gain any more weight. So Emma and I headed over to Publix to find something healthy that didn't need to be cooked. When I was trying to find a parking space, I noticed the car in front of mine looked familiar, so I had to laugh when Jen stepped out. Evidently she had also run into my mom earlier that day at Costco. So she came over to my car and offered to hold Emma for me as we walked inside. As we stepped up on the curb, a woman walked up and said "Oh your little boy is so cute! How old is he?" This time Jen defended the gender of the child she was holding. Honestly, though, why say a gender at all when they are that little? Emma was wearing a green onesie, which is supposed to be neutral. Anyway, I think the moral of this story is that you shouldn't let your daughter go with Jen to Publix. Everyone thinks her kids are boys.



6 comments:
I bet Emma was so offended. Bless her heart, she has to deal with such ignorance being so young.
hehehe...=)
Those are the same ignorant peeps who make inappropriate remarks like, " You are a teacher??? But you look so young??" or "I never would have guessed you were the older sister! Never! In a million years!" People must have their ridiculous opinions.
Our Emma has suffered similar infamies. She used to have a mohawk, so, at least on some level, the perpetrators had an excuse.
In the future dress her up in tons of frills and lace and stick a bow on her head. There will be no doubt! :-) Momma used to get asked all the time when Julie and I were younger if we were twins. Not only were we 2 years a part but at that time Julie had very pale blonde hair and my hair was dark brown. How more opposite can you get! The older we've gotten the more our hair color has gotten closer although her's is more natural. The lightness of my hair comes from a bottle. :-)
We had such a wonderful day today,Amy,Emma,Nan and I. We went shopping at Cosco's and Sams. Emma was just a doll. When Nan and I got to Amy's house it seemed to us that she needed a little help and we offered. She let me wash the dishes and Nan the clothes. Her sink reminded me of a cartoon that my Grandfather gave meone time. It was a picture of these ladies from the church visiting and ask if there was anything they could do to help. They had their backs to a sink full of dirty dishes but never offered to wash them. NOw that is the kind of help you really need to come a visiting. Well I had fun just remembering how badly I had wished for help when our boys were little but no one came to help. Poor me?????????????.That is why I take such joy in helping other until today.
Emma gets more beautiful every day.God has blessed us all with such a bundle of joy. She is cooing and smiling which is such a sweet stage in her little life. Wish all of you could experience all of these days with us.
Amy is a wonderful Mother and Brian is a great Dad.
Love yo' all,Miss Granny,babygranny,Granny,granny gran gran,grannie,etc.
Post a Comment