Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Sleepy girl

Well, life is still chugging along over here. I was actually able to do two loads of laundry, two loads of dishes(yes, it had been a while since dishes had been cleaned. We were out of silverware), and swiffer my kitchen floor today. Life is GRAND when Emma naps as she should =).

This past weekend Brian was slammed with work and I came down with a sinus infection/asthma issue. Emma, sensing that her mommy was not feeling well, decided to be difficult, and so that made the weekend even more fun. And on Saturday night, Brian and I decided we would get some food to go from a local restaurant so we could have a mini "date." I picked up dinner and when we got it all open and were scooping food onto our plates, I noticed a cooked caterpiller in the green beans. Yes, you read that right. On our mini date night. So I called the restaurant immediately, and was able to talk to the owner. He informed me that he didn't know what to tell me and that it couldn't be their fault. He would give us another item, but he just couldn't see how it was their problem. So Brian, still VERY busy, gets in the car and goes back over there to deal with it all. So much for the "date." And we didn't even get the meal for free...I was a little vexed, but oh well. Anyway, things were crazy until yesterday, but today was much calmer and more relaxing. Emma and I went to the mall to walk around outside a little bit since it was sooo nice. She was very well behaved, and cannot wait to start trying on clothes. It's just so hard to do when you're in a Baby B'jorn =)...

I have officially sold two things on eBay, and I am very proud of myself. It's a great distraction for me, and it's a great way to make some money. I am having a wonderful time =).

One more thing worth noting...Leo has taken to laying on my lap right next to Emma while I am feeding her. He curls up and starts purring, occasionally sniffing the back of her head. It's sooooo cute. I am so glad he doesn't mind her. I would hate to have to get rid of him if he started being bad. So anyway, I thought that was cute.

Alright, here are your pictures...Some day I will post more picures of Emma awake.





5 comments:

j.j. said...

Disgusting about the caterpillar - where was the food from? (Maybe I don't want to know!!)
What kind of things are you selling on Ebay? I could see myself trying that sometime.
Sleeping baby pics are so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Mer here--Could your daughter be any cuter? It looks like she's praying in her sleep! Amanda would love the picture of her feet--did you know that Amanda can interlace her toes? Maybe that's a talent that Emma will have as well!

:)

Unknown said...

Amy - You seem to take a lot of pictures of Emma sleeping. =) I am assuming you are capturing those moments of rest for future remembrance. I love newborns and their soft little teeny clothes. She just looks so cozy. What a precious blessing you have.

The Budget Mommy: said...

Jen-you probably don't want to know...and I hate to say, because their food is so good!Except when infested with creatures...anyway.
I am selling an asortment of things, but mainly Polish Pottery and formula coupons. I LOVE the coupons because I pay nothing for them, and they sell VERY well.It's really really easy to sell. I am kicking myself for waiting this long to start doing it.

Mer- I had NO idea amanda could do that, but I might think less of her now =). Emma certinaly has potential to be able to...she has such wiggly toes.

Stephanie- yeah, that's pretty much why. Since we have our days when we are convinced we don't need naps, I fear that these days of naptime won't last too long. Ah well. I am loving it while it's here =).

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! So how soon are you bringing her to visit me????