Wednesday, September 13, 2006

On the subject of...

Organic and whole food grocery stores...I just did a little digging on the Trader Joe's website and the rest of the internet, and people seem to be thinking they will be putting one in the Party City plaza at hwy 92 and hwy9. This means that James will be buying all of our groceries for us from now on! It also means that that is MUCH closer than Sandy Springs or midtown(depending on traffic of course). I am actually giddy at the thought of a Trader Joes being nearby(nearer than say, Ohio). For those of you who haven't experienced this place of great wonder, you are in for a treat. I am hoping their prices hold true to being MUCH lower than any of the ridiculous other places that sell this type of food. The one Sarah always went to in AZ had $.99 organic dozen eggs and $2 bottles of Charles Shaw wine that is on par with the Aldi wine(and more consistently available so no more of us have to feel ridiculous carrying as many bottles of Aldi wine as we can hold =)). Anyway, Sarah could talk more about it's wonders, for I have only been there once when I went to a wedding in Ohio. Just be prepared, because when one of the proposed stores actually opens, that's the only place you'll ever find me.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous! We will all have to be there for the grand opening. =) Keep us posted on the Trader Joe's watch.

Anonymous said...

Where I am sitting now (Santa Monica, CA) there are at least 2 Trader Joe's I could get to in less than 20 minutes. When I was in Boston a few weeks ago you couldn't kick over a rock without finding one.

I still think the best test market for Trader Joe's in Atlanta is Dacula. Those people in Roswell already have a Whole Foods. No fair!!

The Budget Mommy: said...

I'm thinking you're right. Mall of Georiga, anyone? I say we get everyone in the church to write Trader Joes and tell them how badly we need one here. They will be so overwhelmed by the response they will be forced to open one here!

Don't you want to buy some cheap organic eggs for me? okay maybe not...

Anonymous said...

just don't be expecting to buy produce and bread there. it's cheap, but it goes bad really quickly.

senojsitruc said...

Gross ... Aldi wine?? I think I just lost my appetite. Thanks a lot.