Thursday, September 07, 2006

Update time

Well Emma had her 2 month well baby visit today. She officially weighs 11 lbs 6.5 oz., and is 23 inches long. The child is mammoth =). She did very well, though her schedule has been thrown off, so she hasn't taken a nap. Ah well. Every day cannot be perfect =). She also coos constantly now, and the past week she had been a ray of sunshine. She smiles constantly, and is a whole lot less grumpy (unless, of course, she hasn't napped...). All in all, having her around is an absolute delight, and we are so thankful that God has blessed us with her.

Brian is still loving law school, and is getting very good at making the most of every single second of every single day. He has also been informed by his business partner that they will be getting TONS of work to do in the next month. And we thought he was busy already... But praise the Lord for more work. It means I can continue to stay home with the munchkin, which suits me just fine.

I have started selling things on eBay, and I am having a lot of fun with it. I am also settling into this whole being home and being a mom thing. It's taken a while, but I think I can finally handle being home a lot more =). It just means I now want to paint the whole house and rearrange furniture. It's amazing how many things you want to change when you stare at them for several hours a day. Anyway, that's life round here...And now for what you really want. Here are some pictures of the little Ems watching Horatio Hornblower with her daddy. I know there aren't many, but you will all live.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,

It's your cousin, Meredith--I LOVE reading your blog and seeing pictures of BEAUTIFUL Emma! I love her name, her hair, her sheer existence, and I LOVE that I am related to her--I'm not quite sure what I am to Emma, but I know that I am something! :) It sounds like you are adapting well to your new role and I really enjoy reading about your new family! I've also taken to reading all of the other blogs that you are linked to--So many new families--What a lovely community! Speaking of which, I have grown particularly fond of reading Stephanie's blog, but I can't access her link anymore--Sadness galore! Is there another way that I can access her blog?

I love you, Mrs. Murphy and hope that today brings you great joy and, perhaps, a napping daughter!

Keep up the great posts!
Love you-

Mer

The Budget Mommy: said...

Hey Meredith! Once I found out Amanda was reading, I figure you were too, so this comment isn't as surprising as hers was (not that I mind!! I'm just saying...=)) Anyway, I didn't even realize I hadn't put Stephanie back on(baby fuzz brain), so there you go. Read away =). I am so glad that you enjoy reading my blog. I feel motivated to post more since I know people actually care to read about my thoroughly intriguing life.

Sarah can correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that Emma is your second cousin. So you are in fact related, which bring up another good point. When you and Amanda are next down here, you should stop by and see the munchkin before she grows to be ten feet tall(which I think could happen at any moment).Robby tried several times to see her, and I am sorry that it didn't work out. Especially because the person I most consistently think she resembles is in fact Robby...funny, huh?

Anyway, all of that said,my lovely little red head is napping as I type, so I am going to try to get a few more things done. Thank you for reminding me about Stephanie! I hope things are going wonderfully for you.

Anonymous said...

Nope! She is Meri's first cousin once removed. When Meri has children, they will be Emma's second cousin.

Unknown said...

Emma is precious! I love the red. Red heads normally stick right? I mean they don't really change do they? I am glad her appt went well and she seems to be thriving.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Aunt Nan, for clearing up the geneology--I get hopelessly confused when it comes to figuring out anything past first cousins!

As first cousin once removed, I will certainly take you up on your invitation to visit next time I'm in town--We haven't been in Atlanta since the baby was born but will most definitely stop by the next time we drive south--most likely for the Christmas holidays!

Love to you and your family!

:) Mari

Anonymous said...

Oops--Amy, thanks so much for putting Stephanie's blog back up!!

I really am enjoying reading these!!

:) Mer